PBC on Spike ratings: 869,000 viewers 0.3 rating 18-49

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™
    Advertising for this is absoute ****.

I wouldnt of even known about it, if I didnt KNOW there was fights on and went and found out where and when.

The casual would never even know about it unless they flipped past the channel.

I watch a fair amount of tv, never say anything.
    There was a lot of promo on our local radio stations out here in Cali, with a lot of call in contests to give away tickets to the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      Excuse my ignorance,but could you explain these numbers in relation with the first broadcast?
      They are less than one third of the NBC numbers. But that is to be expected seeing as everyone has NBC as part of their cable package, or over the air with an antenna. Spike is not a basic cable channel and is not included in every package and is not available over the air. I do not have Spike in my package although I could exchange one of the channels I rarely watch for it if I wish. I used to have it but dumped it after a month or so due to their terrible programming.

Comment

it was on tape delay on the west coast

Comment

Tape delay on west coast didnt help but it was a great card

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            it was on tape delay on the west coast
            Why would it be on tape delay for the West Coast if it was in the Ontario Citizen's Bank Arena? It started at 6pm on my TV. Was that delayed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
              Interesting rating.

Wonder how much they got in tv ads.

The fight card had nearly $2 million in purses"

Dan Rafael @danrafaelespn · Mar 13
              Per CSAC purses from Friday's PBC card: Berto $800k, Lopez $450k, Porter $500k, Bone $150k, Arreola $20k, Harper $22,500 #boxing

They got nowhere near that in advertising. Even the best shows on Spike probably don't approach those kind of advertising rates. It is a bargain basement network with lowest common denominator programming. I think there was an entire weekend of nothing but tattoo shows during the short period of time I subscribed to them. They make Duck Dynasty look like Masterpiece Theater.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                They got nowhere near that in advertising. Even the best shows on Spike probably don't approach those kind of advertising rates. It is a bargain basement network with lowest common denominator programming. I think there was an entire weekend of nothing but tattoo shows during the short period of time I subscribed to them. They make Duck Dynasty look like Masterpiece Theater.
                The funny thing is that Spike's primary demographic is the 18-49 group, hence all the "guy stuff" that dominates the programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  They make Duck Dynasty look like Masterpiece Theater.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                    Why would it be on tape delay for the West Coast if it was in the Ontario Citizen's Bank Arena? It started at 6pm on my TV. Was that delayed?

i have no idea...i logged on and saw people talkin about the fights and was like wtf...i checked my guide and it said 9pm

Comment

No surprise here.

Comment

Working...
                      X