Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Marquez so easily handled by Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Yes,, the John fight was the first to expose the flaws in Marquez

But only me, you, and about 6 other people on the planet have ever seen that fight
    chris John had two first names and he fought Marquez well, this indicates that people with two first names can fight very well! right Weltzy?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Yes,, the John fight was the first to expose the flaws in Marquez

But only me, you, and about 6 other people on the planet have ever seen that fight
      Actually Freddie Norwood was the first one to make JMM look bad. Norwood had a real ugly style and Marquez had no answers for it. It was shown live on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Actually Freddie Norwood was the first one to make JMM look bad. Norwood had a real ugly style and Marquez had no answers for it. It was shown live on HBO.
        Good call,, forgot about that.. That was way back in his career was he was still chasing prince. Couldn't have imagined back then in 98 or 99 that Marquez would have the career he did

Comment

How do you guys think Marquez would have fared vs zahir raheem

Comment

Too long and too fast. A technical boxer/ counterpuncher never fares well against a longer faster type boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              What do you think?
              Because Mayweather is a better fighter than Marquez.Faster, better defense. It's not difficult to process.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Because Mayweather is a better fighter than Marquez.Faster, better defense. It's not difficult to process.
                its not really that simple. its more a question of styles and physical dimensions.

As far as i see it, they are both A level fighters. maybe marquez is an A and floyds an A+

Comment

Because Mayweather is the best.

Comment

Basically its kind of like asking why foreman demolished frazier...

Comment

I thought that JMM won clearly against John and Norwood ... Who looked great against them ?
                      Last edited by cleming; 12-17-2014, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X