Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook: who will win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Can Kell Brook expect to receive fair officiating?
    Doubt it... let the excessive holding/headbutts commence. Devon wins via controversial SD.

Comment

Kell is abit to lazy and one paced to win this fight away from home IMO.

Id give him a chance in Sheffield but his stand off "try to look casual" approach wont do him any favours abroad. I dont see any killer instinct and if he couldnt get rid of Matt Hatton id be surprised if he could stop Devon and thats is only way of winning.

Alexander will plain outbox him. Brook after trying to look composed for afew rounds will realise he has to chase and for the second half he will be chaisng shadows but never really getting out of second gear.

Alexander comfortable UD

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
        Kell is abit to lazy and one paced to win this fight away from home IMO.

Id give him a chance in Sheffield but his stand off "try to look casual" approach wont do him any favours abroad. I dont see any killer instinct and if he couldnt get rid of Matt Hatton id be surprised if he could stop Devon and thats is only way of winning.

Alexander will plain outbox him. Brook after trying to look composed for afew rounds will realise he has to chase and for the second half he will be chaisng shadows but never really getting out of second gear.

Alexander comfortable UD

To Hattons credit he has only been stopped once & that was nearly a decade back. Canelo couldn't stop him either.

Comment

Canelo couldn't stop him either.
          Yeah thats true. I was really disappointed in Canelo that night.
          So perhaps we can excuse that result based on Hattons durability but Kell boxed as if he knew he couldnt stop Hatton, there was no urgency or real passion from him in that fight.
          The only time weve seen him out his comfort zone having to dig deep was against that American who since got a draw against an unknown.

Wwhat I dont want to hear is Kell complaining after the fight that he was robbed. He is going to America and should understand that to take a title home he has to change his attitude in there and fight harder.

Comment

As highly as I rate Devons chin, I feel Brook will break him down and probably stop him.

He has a ramrod jab, excellent timing & is a big, strong welterweight.
            Alexander IMO is not a legit welterweight & I just don't feel he has the punch output or power too keep Brook off him.

Yeah Alexanders fought the better competition but hes fell short everytime. I'm not convinced of his welterweight run; Maidana is not a welter either and absolutely made for him, Bailey throws no punches.

Comment

I'm not sold on Brook to be honest and Devon has much more experience and has easily been in there with better competition.

For me I think Alexander takes a decision win.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
                Yeah thats true. I was really disappointed in Canelo that night.
                So perhaps we can excuse that result based on Hattons durability but Kell boxed as if he knew he couldnt stop Hatton, there was no urgency or real passion from him in that fight.
                The only time weve seen him out his comfort zone having to dig deep was against that American who since got a draw against an unknown.

Wwhat I dont want to hear is Kell complaining after the fight that he was robbed. He is going to America and should understand that to take a title home he has to change his attitude in there and fight harder.
                THis is true, Kell doesn't box with urgency. But he's also had no reason to. He's only fought opponents that were clearly over-matched.

I used to think Kell would take this one, but Alexander definitely could out box Brook. Devon is faster, slicker, moves a lot more. But I see this one going either way. My concern is that Devon may not be able to win with just out pointing Kell, that he may need to hurt Kell too.

Comment

It's hard to say, this is Brooks first taste at World Level. Facts are he's not fought anywhere near this level before, so it's going to be hard to see how he does when we really don't know.

I think Brook will win a close decision, whether he gets the nod or not is another story.

Comment

I've got Brook winning in clear fashion.

People like to bang on about Jones but Alexander fights nothing like him and isn't going to pressure Brook. He'll try and box him and I favour Brook's speed and jab to win him the fight.

Will be interesting to see how he handles a southpaw though (don't mention journeyman southpaws he's faced lol) and also what his stamina is like now that he's hired a strength & conditioning coach and a nutritionist.

Alexander could cause Brook problems if he pressures him but he's going to allow him to stand there and get his punches off, Brook 116 - 112.

Comment

Brook wins clearly.

I'vr got him physically dominating things as he's a much bigger, naturally stronger man. I also think he's more skilled.

Comment

Working...
                      X