No announcement yet.

What is hurting boxing are these School boy looking non scary boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is hurting boxing are these School boy looking non scary boxers

Seriously, anyone else think this is hurting the sport?

Boxing needs some scary tough guys like Tyson, Duran, young George Foreman, Sonny Liston, Mayorga, Vargas, lamotta not these school boy looking guys who look like good kids who get good grades or are mama boys. We have the trash talkers like Rigo, Mayweather, Froch, Fury, Haye, Broner but nobody is intimidating anymore and people want to see that scary figure in boxing the way Tyson and Duran brought it someone who is not friendly to his opponents and talks serious crap. The closest we got to that is Brandon Rios but he sounds like a gomer pyle when he speaks and that weirdo Chisora but he sucks.

Danny Garcia this kid is the opposite of his father, rarely cusses, pretty respectful in interviews, looks like some pretty boy who is more focus on the ladies than boxing, without his trash talking dad he wouldn't have much attention to him.

The Klitschko brothers, phd's, act like gentleman all the time, mama boys, don't talk smack, Chisora even spit in Wlad's face and Wlad didn't even do anything back. These guys are way too nice, they need to show some Ivan Drago type rage to make themselves more marketable as the Russian villains in the USA.

Gennady Golovkin looks like he can't even harm a fly always smiling and not being rude in interview trying to be friendly, this guy is one of the least intimidating looking fighters ever. Stop smiling! please, this is boxing we want some bad guys who grew up cold blooded and are savages like Roberto Duran.

Manny Pacquiao cant say a bad word just smiles and giggles looks like he cant harm a fly either calls fighters he is fighting his friends wtf, I mean the weigh ins lack any drama he is trying to laugh and act like this is just a fun game or something, only time I really seen someone mean mugg him was Tim Bradley and pac looked like his feelings were hurt.

Mikey Garcia this guy is a freaking good old boy, doesn't drink or do drugs, doesn't talk crap, is working on a college degree, graduated the police cadet academy, way to polite in interviews.

Andre Ward, can this guy do any wrong? looks like a college student and church helper who likes to give out food to the homeless.

Nonito Donaire overly friendly in interviews, looks like a school kid, non intimidating.

Devon Alexander wtf is up with this kid? always giggling and laughing and smiling even when he tries to talk crap, dude looks like a kid who likes to annoying his older brothers, come on man grow up already dude stop laughing all the time its not a joke, seriously man Alexander is one of the worst does he take anything serious its like he has to smirk every time something serious is asked. Looks like a church kid too.

You know youre not far off here. I see the point. MMA has been rising and fast. You wont find any soft looking dudes on there. These dudes look like killers :WORD:

Comment

thread of the year potential

does gennady golovkin have the mean spirit to look mean spirited like roberto duran?

Comment

no sooner do you get rid of a Juan Diaz, a Mikey Garcia comes along.

j/k. there are people who forget how good of a fighter a Juan Diaz was, but i'm not one of them.

Comment

cherry picking is hurting boxing

Comment

I disagree.

Ultra sexy boxers like Sergio and sturm are hurting the sport. When you watch their fights just to rub one out, you know it's hurting the sport as well as people (blindness from jerking off)

Comment

hahahah this is wayyyyyy too funny!!!

boxing is a gentlemens sport.. politeness outside the ring... a cold eyed killer in the ring andd those fighters u mentioned are pretty badass in the ring.. i.e. ggg, pacman, donaire soo hush

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                You know youre not far off here. I see the point. MMA has been rising and fast. You wont find any soft looking dudes on there. These dudes look like killers :WORD:
                Too many smiley shy looking choir boys in boxing man.

Exactly spot on about MMA, they got some scary looking beefed up dudes wiht tattoos and always mean mugging at the staredown, look at Rampage jackson, look at Wanderlei silva in his prime, man these guys really made you feel their was animosity gets the people amped up.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Yeah mostly because the skill level are very close so the fights are getting very heated.For example the mma heavyweight division is crazy because is so stacked and very exciting when fighters Square of and you can feel the preasure between those giants.the last time i saw that in boxing was when Vitali klitsko when against Lennox Lewis that was crazy the way rhose 2 gladiators went at it.Now you have floyd try to trash talk and hype and oponent everyone knows he would beat...
                  Last edited by mikinoki; 01-20-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    I disagree.

Ultra sexy boxers like Sergio and sturm are hurting the sport. When you watch their fights just to rub one out, you know it's hurting the sport as well as people (blindness from jerking off)
                    I can't begin to tell you how disturbing that post is.

Comment

Working...
                    X