Clear All

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
    46-0
    21 title defenses
    wbo,wbc,wba,ibf,ibo,,ring champ at 168
    ring champ at 175

how can he be denied
    Speaking of which.

When did he win the IBO title? And who did he beat for it?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Speaking of which.

When did he win the IBO title? And who did he beat for it?
      i stand corrected he never won the ibo...oops..

Comment

who at 168 did he not fight????he cleaned out the division man..please educste me if im wrong
        I just told you that in his long spell at 168, the only top 5 fighters he fought at the time were;

Lacy - #3
        Kessler - #1

That's it.

These were all in the top 5 at one time or longer whilst Calzaghe was there and he didn't fight them.

Sven Ottke
        Bruno Girard
        Antwun Echols
        Eric Lucas
        Anthony Mundine
        Danny Green
        Marcus Beyer
        Liborado Andrade
        Lucia Bute
        Thomas Tate

Calzaghe fought some guys that were once in the top 5 however were not when he fought them

Guys like;
        Robin Reid
        Charles Brewer
        Byron Mitchell
        Chirs Eubank

Comment

Originally posted by eveningmass79 View Post
          He was a brilliant fighter, but didn't get enough elite-level names on his resume to be considered a true great.
          Precisely...I think he should be in the HOF though...

Comment

Who the **** is this "Calzaghe" everyone is talking about?

Could someone please bring up some of his fights with GREAT fighters in their prime? Hopefully it'll refresh my memory.

Comment

He should have fought better opposition, he had the talent to beat anyone. He was part of that Warren era where he shielded his fighters from top opposition.

We will never know how good he really was. I would have loved to see Calzaghe vs a younger RJJ or even Sven Ottke.

Comment

who at 168 did he not fight????he cleaned out the division man..please educste me if im wrong
                There you go. At your request.

Comment

Supermiddleweight was a shit division at the time he ruled it anyway, so the point is moot. Guys Calzaghe could've fought but didn't are obviously Johnson, Tarver after he KOd Jones, and Dawson when he was on top. Not saying he wouldn't have won those fights. But he never risked it and his legacy gets criticized because of it.

Comment

Beat a Faded Eubank in 1997 to get his first belt. Who lost his next two fights and retired.

Stayed in Wales for the next 11 years. Along the way facing a very over-rated Lacy in 2006 for his second belt. Lacy was last seen being steam rolled by a faded Jermaine Taylor and shot to bits RJJ.

Had his first meaningful fight in 2007 against Mikkel Kessler.

Moved up and faced two passed it pensioners who were at the combined age of 83.

Sorry, the only people here that rate Joe are people from Wales

Comment

he's only even relevant or brought up when someone clowns on roy for whatever other reason. he's a meme, a punctuation mark for a cheap joke. that's joe's legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X