No announcement yet.

Can you do the shoulder role

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
    Whoa. An etymological bitchslap. Good to see ya, Bomber.
    I was glad seeing your name once again in the "last post" section of training and nutrition. I been shot up lately though, there is so much advice(especially on the countering off the shoulder roll) I could give, but lately people dont know the basics right and they already wanna do a mayweather.

Oh, and, did you build your house yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      I was glad seeing your name once again in the "last post" section of training and nutrition. I been shot up lately though, there is so much advice(especially on the countering off the shoulder roll) I could give, but lately people dont know the basics right and they already wanna do a mayweather.

Oh, and, did you build your house yet?
      Ended up buying a huge old barn on Puget Sound and renovating it. The market tanked so hard while I was waiting for my permits to go through that I was able to buy this place and pimp it cheaper -- and faster -- than building.

No **** about people not knowing the basics and wanting to be pros. This forum has become like Special Ed.

Comment

Ended up buying a huge old barn on Puget Sound and renovating it. The market tanked so hard while I was waiting for my permits to go through that I was able to buy this place and pimp it cheaper -- and faster -- than building.

No **** about people not knowing the basics and wanting to be pros. This forum has become like Special Ed.
        I am glad you got the house. I bet you built a small boxing gym there too.

Anyway, you got me in a good mood and for the kids here not knowing the shoulder roll I will tell this, do not try to do it unless you have a perfect balance, good coordination and above average footwork. A right maneuvre consists of a sidestep, a duck to the side, a cover with a shoulder and then you push of with a foot that you sidestepped with to counter. All this has to be done synergetically, in a right order and very very fast. If you do it wrong you fall off balance and get a nice hole in your defense that even a paraplegic can get an advantage of.

Comment

You know me too well. Weight bench, 20' climbing rope in a tree outside, heavy bag, slip bag, & chinup/dip station, plus I've got a full cord of maple still to split and my little skiff which I row a couple times a week (it's crabbing season, gotta check those pots!) And I got a Goddamn badass dog for a running partner, a 120-lb. American Bulldog.

/hijack

Comment

You know me too well. Weight bench, 20' climbing rope in a tree outside, heavy bag, slip bag, & chinup/dip station, plus I've got a full cord of maple still to split and my little skiff which I row a couple times a week (it's crabbing season, gotta check those pots!) And I got a Goddamn badass dog for a running partner, a 120-lb. American Bulldog.

/hijack
            Thats heavier then majority of training and nutrition regular posters.

Comment

Thats heavier then majority of training and nutrition regular posters.
              Okay, THAT's funny.

I'd hate to fight him, that's for damn sure.

Comment

Okay, THAT's funny.

I'd hate to fight him, that's for damn sure.
                I remember, when I had my dog(arab bred doberman) if the bastard wanted to take me down, he just needed enough space to ref up that speed and he would usually get me down with that sideliner jump, And that bastard was only about 100 pounds at most. Now a healthy 120 pound bully is like a cannonball there, and he does not even need space to put up good speed number on you. Yeah, I love dogs, all right.

Comment

I remember, when I had my dog(arab bred doberman) if the bastard wanted to take me down, he just needed enough space to ref up that speed and he would usually get me down with that sideliner jump, And that bastard was only about 100 pounds at most. Now a healthy 120 pound bully is like a cannonball there, and he does not even need space to put up good speed number on you. Yeah, I love dogs, all right.
                  Dobies are great. Tor is not that bright but he's suicidally devoted and he has simple commands down, even under duress. He just finished Advanced Personal Protection training where he was trained to drive, corner, and pin. He will not engage with teeth unless the perp fights back or one of us gives him the command.

Imagine this guy sitting on your chest, in the freezing rain, waiting for my wife or me to come outside with a Glock and see what all the screaming is about:

And BTW, that's a 26" collar that's so tight around his neck.

Comment

Anyway, you got me in a good mood and for the kids here not knowing the shoulder roll I will tell this, do not try to do it unless you have a perfect balance, good coordination and above average footwork. A right maneuvre consists of a sidestep, a duck to the side, a cover with a shoulder and then you push of with a foot that you sidestepped with to counter. All this has to be done synergetically, in a right order and very very fast. If you do it wrong you fall off balance and get a nice hole in your defense that even a paraplegic can get an advantage of.
                    you dont need footwork for the shoulder roll, your on the ropes
                    if you lot are trying the shoulder roll in the center of the ring hahahaha that **** is funny...
                    i can counter off it without my feet budging

Comment

no, but i can do the dempsey role!!

Comment

Working...
                      X