Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is true heart? (1bil points thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is true heart? (1bil points thread)

How can you define heart and how can determine when someone truly actually had it? Which fighter(s) has the most heart out of them all? How can you measure heart?

I cannot begin this thread as I do not have in me to try and decide who has more heart than anyone else.

Good luck gentlemen.

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
    How can you define heart and how can determine when someone truly actually had it? Which fighter(s) has the most heart out of them all? How can you measure heart?

I cannot begin this thread as I do not have in me to try and decide who has more heart than anyone else.

Good luck gentlemen.
    Harry Greb or Sam Langford. Both were undersized and partially blind for parts of their respective careers and taking on the best fighters of ANY color.

Joe Gans and Jack Johnson. Both were breaking down and crossing the color line to question white superiority at a time when blacks were still being lynched for looking at white women

I think any of these 4 are suitable choices.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Harry Greb or Sam Langford. Both were undersized and partially blind for parts of their respective careers and taking on the best fighters of ANY color.

Joe Gans and Jack Johnson. Both were breaking down and crossing the color line to question white superiority at a time when blacks were still being lynched for looking at white women

I think any of these 4 are suitable choices.
      All those are good examples.

I'll add Ali staying in there with Norton w/ a broken jaw, Holmes finishing the fight w/ Norton with a torn bicep muscle and Joe Frazier getting up 6 times during his 1st fight with Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post

Good luck gentlemen.
        No heart

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          No heart
          There are so many great fighters that I don't want to dishonor all the greats when trying to puck one.

I would probably go with Langford and Greb who literally were underdogs. Blind ones at that.

Comment

JM Marquez comes to mind. Getting knocked down 3 times and getting his beak busted(in the 1st round) against Pac, and then fighting on at least even terms for the rest of the bout. That knock down against Katsidis looked to me like the kind of shot 95% don't get up from. He got up and scored his own stoppage. True heart in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
              JM Marquez comes to mind. Getting knocked down 3 times and getting his beak busted(in the 1st round) against Pac, and then fighting on at least even terms for the rest of the bout. That knock down against Katsidis looked to me like the kind of shot 95% don't get up from. He got up and scored his own stoppage. True heart in my book.
              Exactly who came to mind. I'm not saying he has the biggest heart of all time but one of the best today, never staying down after knockdowns, always gets up and whoops that ass.

Heart to me is the ability to get back up after getting knocked down, the ability to take somebodys best shots and keep coming after em, and fighting everybody, no ducks.

I'd like to throw Muhammad Ali out there as well, fought EVERYBODY in arguably the greatest era of heavyweights EVER. Fought his biggest challenges(Frazier & Norton) 3 times and even though he had nothing more to prove in the sport took on Larry Holmes in a courageous effort.Kinda had cocky heart too, just standing in front of against the ropes probably the hardest hitter ever in Foreman.

Comment

Kennedy McKinney.

Comment

Arturo Gatti round 9 v Ward ...
                  Diego Corrales round 10 v Castillo ... nuff said
                  Last edited by Daddy T; 06-17-2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I cannot say enough about Azumah Nelson taking Salvador Sanchez to hell.

Comment

Working...
                    X