Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you score DeGale vs. Dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had DeGale by 1 point. A draw would have been fine too.

Good fight overall. I'd like to see a rematch down the line.

Comment

It was close. James gave up like 5 rounds.

Comment

Degale won the fight by winning the last two rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          Degale won the fight by winning the last two rounds.

Yup, he closed the show. Great win, he was hungrier.

Comment

I had Degale winning by 3 points but maybe he only won by two points. I like him and I don't like Dirrell so it's possible I may have given a close round to Degale that was an even round or a close Dirrell round.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
              I must've been watching a different fight but I had it for Direll by a round or two there were a couple rounds before Direll really turned things up that were quiet that I think "Chunky" was getting the benefit of the doubt based on what happened earlier and what might happen again but if you showed that round (independently) to someone who knows how to score a fight who hadn't seen the 2nd round... A lot of people are gonna score it to Andre. I assumed as close as close as I had it,the judges would have it for him as a "no brainer" being that Direll is American and all ... Guess not.
              Pretty much saw the same fight as you and agree with usually the American would get the benifit on his home turf and them being the A side with the promoter behind them is usually the way it works in boxing

but the conspiracy theorists in me is thinking that with the ,PBC possibly establishing their own belts the 4 organizations aren't going to be handing over their belts to PBC fighters when they fight non PBC fighters if it's even remotely close

Quillen vs Lee ( I think that was a robbery , especially since the WBO is suing Haymon and don't have any PBC fighters with their belts gave Lee the decision after being KD twice and 1 of the judges gave Quillen a 9-9 round even with a KD , seriously when the f.u.ck does that ever happen ) but because it's Quillen boxing most hated fighter no body cares.

Kameda vs McDonnell ( Close fight , but McDonnell went down I don't think he won 8 rds )

Dirrell vs Degeale ( Close fight but 117-111 from 1 judge are you kidding me he seemed to have his scorecard already filled out, There is no way Dirrell won 3 rounds )

Comment

114-112 DeGale.

Comment

Degale clearly won but he let too many rounds slip away with low activity when he didn't need to. He could have won by a much wider margin had he been a little more active but the flip-side is that by doing that he might open himself up to more counters from Dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Who deserved to win?
                    DeGale 115-111.

Comment

I didn't score but definitely thought DeGale edged it. The championship rounds were key as he dozed off in the middle rounds. In the end DeGale closed the show.

If someone told me they scored it a draw I wouldn't argue with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X