Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christopher Nolan: Making morons feel sophisticated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I thought Interstellar had a few really great emotional parts too, you can tell Nolan's biggest influences in making Interstellar were Spielberg and Kubrick's 2001.

But the scene where Cooper is watching the footage of his son and starts crying, or at the end when Murph is on her death bed and she finally reunites with Cooper, those were very good emotional scenes IMO.
    The Tesseract part where he sees his past in the 5th dimension seems to be everybody's favorite, when he shouts to Murphy to not let him leave, to make him stay, and grown up Murph finally realizes he was the ghost. Also, when you first watch the movie and you first see the part where she says that the gravitational code being communicated is to "stay", you as a viewer thinks she's just being cute and making it up, only to find out it is what the 5th dimensional Cooper was trying to communicate. Like you mentioned, the part where he finally sees grown up Murph and his son was also good. When his daughter dies before him, of old age, and when Alfred Pennyworth confesses to Murph that he lied about saving Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      im still wishing for David Fincher to make a sci-fi movie

in a mean time, lets hope this one delivers

God damn TMI, too much info, I basically just saw the entire film. If you actually sit down and analyze this trailer, you can put together everything that happens in the film. Still gonna watch it but i'm disappointed at The Martian joining the "Here-is-the-whole-film-in-3-minutes" trailer parade that is running rampant these days. Just a little 30 second teaser would do, sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        God damn TMI, too much info, I basically just saw the entire film. If you actually sit down and analyze this trailer, you can put together everything that happens in the film. Still gonna watch it but i'm disappointed at The Martian joining the "Here-is-the-whole-film-in-3-minutes" trailer parade that is running rampant these days. Just a little 30 second teaser would do, sheesh.
        It looks like Dr Mann and Murph are teaming up in this one, lol

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          well we just hope that it will have more than that, that trailer is too long

Comment

Credit to Hans Zimmer, the score was incredible in Interstellar.

Even the little things like purposefully having the audio crackle added to the drama.

Comment

I thought Interstellar was technically brilliant. As a film though, and it's very typical of Nolan's films is, that they're far too serious. I found the science in the film far more interesting than any of the characters. How Casey Affleck keeps getting cast in these big films I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                I thought Interstellar was technically brilliant. As a film though, and it's very typical of Nolan's films is, that they're far too serious. I found the science in the film far more interesting than any of the characters. How Casey Affleck keeps getting cast in these big films I don't know.
                He's good in the right role. Gone Baby Gone was good.

Comment

Working...
                X