Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather be the biggest icon of your country or the highest paid athlete?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon, you don't keep money when you die but your name lives on.

Comment

Comment

Why not doing it both? You can be rich, respected by anyone and be remembered by history. So funny why some people want to be rich and disgusted by everyone.

Comment

I'd rather be the wealthiest athlete in the United States than the beloved king of Namibia. I'd imagine most modern royalty would trade their titles instantaneously to cash checks like Pac and Floyd do

Comment

Highest paid athlete you can have the fame

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              I'd rather be hated and rich, than beloved and poor. Being an icon doesnt pay the bills. Also, how many icons have been murdered or emotionally destroyed by the same ones who made them an icon....screw that " Show me the money!"
              Exactly this I'd rather be rich as **** lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Icon, you don't keep money when you die but your name lives on.

Being beloved or having lots of money dont go with you when you die or get you into heaven. At least if you are rich, while you are here you can do things, see things, eat what you want...Look at all the poor icons in history Ghandi, Mother Teresa, MLK was not wealthy, etc... sure their name lives on but they dont hear it either way....show me the money!!!!

Comment

legacy did F*** all for joe louis.....put it like this ali sold his legacy....which shows you how much he values money over legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    personally, i'd want to be a cultural icon, my name will echo through eternity. money comes and goes but history books will remember me as someone who did good.

at the start, i'd push to get the fortune then go on to acquire the fame (for others it's noteriety). they go hand in hand.
                    And history books will remember me as the highest paid athlete in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      External validation should be one of the least important things in a man's identity
                      One of the best quotes I've ever read on this site. Might have to sig that.

Comment

Working...
                      X