Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Wife is Standing Firm: I Told Juan To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I don't think he will retire,too much money on the table,I can understand his wife wanting him too.As great as Marquez is,he takes a lot of damage every time he fights and he is getting on in years.
    I don't think Pacquiao can beat him at this stage anyway so if Marquez wants a final pay day he might as well take a 5th fight.
    He should call out Mayweather too to make money before he retires

Comment

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
      While I don't think he will retire,too much money on the table,I can understand his wife wanting him too.As great as Marquez is,he takes a lot of damage every time he fights and he is getting on in years.
      I don't think Pacquiao can beat him at this stage anyway so if Marquez wants a final pay day he might as well take a 5th fight.
      He should call out Mayweather too to make money before he retires
      If Marquez invest his money wisely then he will never have to worry about money again. For these guys, I think it is more or less about the glory. Biggest win of his career over his arch nemesis. Most likely he wants to ride his new found fame out but this is a win a fighter could retire off of. Totally up to him but Marquez is one of my top favor fighters and much rather watch him go out on top then wound up being some other young fighter stepping stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        If Marquez invest his money wisely then he will never have to worry about money again. For these guys, I think it is more or less about the glory. Biggest win of his career over his arch nemesis. Most likely he wants to ride his new found fame out but this is a win a fighter could retire off of. Totally up to him but Marquez is one of my top favor fighters and much rather watch him go out on top then wound up being some other young fighter stepping stone.
        Agree totally,he has worked hard all career and to retire now would be perfect.
        Can you imagine the money they are going to dangle in front of him tho!
        Nothing but respect for Marquez and he is entitled to make whatever decision he feels like
        Same for Pacquiao but if rumours about his finances are to be believed then he will have to fight on

Comment

• I think this is the best time for JMM to retire after his coveted winning finally came for him. His age is 39 and he will be at 40 for his next fight. If he will be enticed for another fight because of big money at stake, then he would be molding for Pac-JMM 5 because only this fight could offer him lucrative cash other than fighting anybody else, which I think not good for him because I believe honestly that he will lose to Pac next time around. And it would be bitter for him to retire as loser rather than to retire now and savor the glory of his wins against Pac via brutal KO. This is the sweetest revenge he got from his nemesis that he believes stole his winnings from their 3 fights. IMHO, Pac is still the better fighter between the 2 if Pac will come out as mentally conditioned which I think he will, next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
            I think this is the best time for JMM to retire after his coveted winning finally came for him. His age is 39 and he will be at 40 for his next fight. If he will be enticed for another fight because of big money at stake, then he would be molding for Pac-JMM 5 because only this fight could offer him lucrative cash other than fighting anybody else, which I think not good for him because I believe honestly that he will lose to Pac next time around. And it would be bitter for him to retire as loser rather than to retire now and savor the glory of his wins against Pac via brutal KO. This is the sweetest revenge he got from his nemesis that he believes stole his winnings from their 3 fights. IMHO, Pac is still the better fighter between the 2 if Pac will come out as mentally conditioned which I think he will, next time.
            Manny has never convincingly beat JMM and after this KO I think Manny will be easier for him. Pacquiao is going to go in a 5th fight gun shy. Roach can't teach Manny nothing new but offensive onslaught. Marquez has the Kryptonite for that..... that right hand. 5th fight is not necessary. Comes a time when money has to be not the first priority. Bob Arum was immediately screaming 5th fight before Manny even got off of the canvas.

Comment

• Marquez and Pacman have that Fighter's Instinct. Both should decide if and when they still would fight again each other.

Comment

• How could he claim to be the better fighter when

1. He landed a lucky shot when Pacquiao coming forward got tripped first on Marquez's foot.

2. He's down in the series 1-2-1

3. His win was tainted with a steroid scandal

4. He was losing in all judges' cards at the time of the lucky knockout

5. His face looked it suffered a massive as5kicking for 12 rounds

He has to give Pacquiao one more chance like he was given 3 chances by Pacquiao to have at least 1 win against him.

Plus, by Mexican and Filipino standards there is no macho-ness in being dictated by your wife what to do. Literally, Marquez is hiding behind his wife's skirt right now. Or should I say pants?

Comment

• Tough choice top of his game fought his best fight ever id like to see him return but this is a great way to ride off into the sunset.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
                    How could he claim to be the better fighter when

1. He landed a lucky shot when Pacquiao coming forward got tripped first on Marquez's foot.

2. He's down in the series 1-2-1

3. His win was tainted with a steroid scandal

4. He was losing in all judges' cards at the time of the lucky knockout

5. His face looked it suffered a massive as5kicking for 12 rounds

He has to give Pacquiao one more chance like he was given 3 chances by Pacquiao to have at least 1 win against him.

Plus, by Mexican and Filipino standards there is no macho-ness in being dictated by your wife what to do. Literally, Marquez is hiding behind his wife's skirt right now. Or should I say pants?
                    Look at my sig and weep once more like your women, your butthurtness and tears sustain me. In all honesty how long did you cry for when your idol was put to sleep by the sandman.

Comment

• JMM has already proved his point, his wife is smart "No amount of money can replace someone's brain." --- JMM was lucky to land that "invisible punch", maybe not next time since everybody already knows it.

Comment

Working...
                      X