Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico vs. Philippines has become the best rivalry in Boxing... sorry Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't consider it legit.

i like the fights that come out of these "rivalries" but mexico is way too large to have a genuine rivalry with places like puerto rico & the Philippines........in my opinion.
    Last edited by Godsfly; 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Too much boxing history between PR and Mexico to give that spot to Pinoys just yet. I wouldn't even say it's the second best. Argentina vs USA has been much better as of late. Germany vs UK is better too.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
        not really..............
        your just pissed because PR is only producing faggots like Orlando Cruz and knee quitters like Cotto. Go cry somewhere else.

Comment

im not any one of the three nationalities, but as a fan of boxers from those countries, i would say mexico is still on top, then puerto rico, but coming up quickly is the philippines.

ricans and flips love boxing, sure...but i havent met a mexican who isnt a boxing fan..regardless of age,gender social status, etc

Comment

No there not... Not even close.

Mexico vs Ricans rivalry is here to stay.

Comment

I have to agree... Puerto Rican boxing is almost extinct

as of right now

Philippines Mexico > Puerto Rico Mexico

Comment

Its pretty much Mexico vs everyone, but nothing comes close to the Mexico -PR rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
                  No there not... Not even close.

Mexico vs Ricans rivalry is here to stay.
                  That's right. I hate most of the nonsense and idiotic posts I read around here sometimes but, all bs aside and from a sports only view, the rivalry is top notch. Props for acknowledging that and for being objective, unlike several clowns that have nothing positive to post.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                    espinosa vs medina for the wbc featherweight title

I remember accidentally watching a delayed telecast of this fight on the same day it happened while me and some friends were drinking in a restaurant. Boxing was almost dead in the Philippines during those time since we didn't have any word champion to be root for.

EDIT: Is that ref the same dude who scored the mares-moreno fight 120-106? LOL
                    Last edited by kadyo's; 11-17-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

americans constantly beat mexicans ,pilipinos,and ricans

Comment

Working...
                      X