Andre Berto: "There isn’t anything about Mosley's style that worries me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
    Shane has been over the hill for years.

Win or lose with Berto that won't change.
    I don't know about that. Of course he isn't as skilled as he used to be, but to call him over the hill wouldn't be fair. The guy can still beat a ton of good fighters at 147 or 154, just not a guy like Berto. I think Berto UD's him by like 8 rounds to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Berto is going to win this fight. Then, everyone will say Shane is over the hill but it just isn't the case. Andre is just a better fighter at this point but Shane isn't over the hill. Berto will just be too fast for Shane.
      Lol. the Mosley from 2000 or even the one who faced Vargas would obliterate Berto in under 5 rounds. The only reason anyone gives Berto a shot is because Shane is over the hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
        You just contradicted your ass right there.

I believe Berto will win because Shane is old, have no legs and berto will land or 2 punches with his quicker hands and Hug a la Hatton.

This ight will be a stanker!!!

I hope Im wrong and Mosley comes in,, in great shape and KHTO!!!
        It's not a contradiction because I think Mosley is still a damn good fighter. He can beat a ton of talent in the welters. He just can't beat Berto. Andre is very good and very underrated, he can be the top dog at 147 in the next year or so, once the huge names move out.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          Lol. the Mosley from 2000 or even the one who faced Vargas would obliterate Berto in under 5 rounds. The only reason anyone gives Berto a shot is because Shane is over the hill.
          Shane is not in his prime but he's still a great fighter, Prime Shane would beat Dre easily.

At this stage, it's a toss up, depends if Berto comes with a good plan and sticks to it, he has all the skills and potential in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            I don't know about that. Of course he isn't as skilled as he used to be, but to call him over the hill wouldn't be fair. The guy can still beat a ton of good fighters at 147 or 154, just not a guy like Berto. I think Berto UD's him by like 8 rounds to 4.
            What?He is as skilled as he used to be it's just that his legs aren't there as more aswell as his reflexes and body movement.
            That's because of getting old and getting past his prime and over the hill.

Look at his more recent fights and compare them to say the first de la Hoya fight or some of his lightweight fights.

There is no way this 37-38 year old Mosley is still in his prime.

Comment

he should worry about his steroids more than anything

Comment

Nothing to be worried about, he's giving you your first loss. Believe it/.

Comment

mosley should not have stayed out of the ring for a year waiting for a bigger pay check, look how he looked against mayorga after a long lay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox View Post
                    mosley should not have stayed out of the ring for a year waiting for a bigger pay check, look how he looked against mayorga after a long lay off.
                    It's not like Berto has been busy.

He will be coming after a 7 month layoff himself.

Comment

There should be some nice exchanges in this fight. The thing is Mosley has a chin and Berto's is questionable. Another thing is that Berto is kind of cement footed and doesn't provide much head movement and he'll be there to get hit which isn't a good thing against someone like Mosley who puts everything into his punches, especially the right hand which I see him finding a home for. In fact I like Mosley by KO but he'll eat a lot of punches himself along the way.
                      Last edited by βetamax; 12-19-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X