Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Republicans' stimulus package help the economy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
    This thread will inevitably be populated by the sheep who blindly follow two fat guys that couldn't even make it through college:

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Here's another idiot that couldn't (didn't?) make it through college:

Hey Jim,

How's the weather in New Zealand?

When you get a few minutes, call me. I'll sit you down and explain the difference between "didn't" and "couldn't'

hint: the difference is vast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      Exactly, if banks weren't holding back loans to keep money out of circulation, inflation would be through the roof. Which is partly why small businesses are suffering, unemployment is double digits, and none of this third quarter GDP growth came directly from the private sector.

Cash for Clunkers simply wasted a lot of our tax dollars, sucked what would've been 4th quarter sales into the 3rd. Putting people into new cars they can't afford and continued Gov programs that put people into houses they can't afford. Brilliant.
      helping people buy cars they can't afford works.

it's like a smaller scale version of what happened from 2000-2006 when we did it with houses.

upside is you'll probably get some nice deals for practically unused repoed cars next year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dice View Post
        I see most of posters in this thread are Republicans.

I got two questions for you

1. What Republicans do you want to run for president in 2012?
        2. Rush Limbaugh said Sarah Palin is ready to be President of the United States, do you agree??
        jeb bush in 2012!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dice View Post
          The stimulus package has nothing to do with Job losses in the private sector. Stimulus plan created 640000 jobs.

There is a lot more stimulus left and this will help in the next few quarters

Debt load is not prohibitive to growth. This has been proven. Greatest periods of economic growth were post revolution and post WW2 both of which were periods where it's debt/GDP ratio were actually higher than they are now.
          That's because the government spent money it didn't have! That's the reason GDP "grew" in the 3rd quarter this year. GOVERNMENT SPENDING MONEY IT DOESN"T HAVE is no stimulus.

Comment

Hey Jim,

How's the weather in New Zealand?

When you get a few minutes, call me. I'll sit you down and explain the difference between "didn't" and "couldn't'

hint: the difference is vast.
            All three men are now (self made) multi millionaires or billionaires, so perhaps you could explain to me how it is that you made that determination.

Hint: your use of "couldn't" was absurd.
            Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X