No announcement yet.

Lopez-Luevano/Gamboa-Mtagwa Set For January 23rd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Gamboa should get rid of Mtagwa pretty easily, mid-late round ko. His style and speed are completely wrong for Rogers to cause Gamboa a scare.

Whoever they make an underdog for Gamboa-Lopez will be a live one. That's for sure. Still don't like the fact 122 won't get unified since Lopez ducked Caballero though.
    Depends what Gamboa shows up. Mtagwa looked like a perfect matchup for Juanma but he stood n traded like he had never heard of the word defense and Mtagwa can not only eat bombs he can throw em back. Gamboa's been dropped by bums that had no business doing it, if he tries to stand n bangout with Mtagwa I don't see it going well for him. That being said I don't think Gamboa will be that dumb after seeing live from ringside how that gameplan(or lack of one) works; plus he's been looking much more disciplined lately.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
      Depends what Gamboa shows up. Mtagwa looked like a perfect matchup for Juanma but he stood n traded like he had never heard of the word defense and Mtagwa can not only eat bombs he can throw em back. Gamboa's been dropped by bums that had no business doing it, if he tries to stand n bangout with Mtagwa I don't see it going well for him. That being said I don't think Gamboa will be that dumb after seeing live from ringside how that gameplan(or lack of one) works; plus he's been looking much more disciplined lately.
      I know Gamboa's been more vulnerable in the past, but his defense and like you said his discipline have moved up another notch. If you've seen his last few fights (I think the Gonzalez fight is when it started), Gamboa has sacrificed some of his offense and been employing an in and out strategy.

I don't see Mtagwa being able to deal with it, unless he can clip Yuriorkis on the way out. Even then, I can see him recuperating and shutting him out.

He use to average 100+ fast, hard punches usually in thrown in combinations, but he's gotten away from that and mixed in footwork and defense. It's made him less exciting, but it will make him a P4P player.

Comment

Working...
      X