Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie roach explains what happened to manny pacquiao's ko power: "he didn't carry t

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
    Manny has had great success in the style he fights in, you a nerd thinking he needs to learn something HAHAHAHAHA
    pretty much what I was thinking. I find it pretty much funny when these guys try to say this guy or this guy should learn that. OHHH Floyd should learn how to attack more... Hey, hes a ATG.OOHHHH Manny should learn how to cut off the ring... Hey hes an ATG.. OHHHH GGG should be faster.... OHHHH Rios should move more.... OHHH Bradley should stop brawling..... OHHHH DSG gets hit too many times. OHHHH Klitchko should stop holding.... OHHHH Khan should get a chin...

STFU, ur a nobody in boxing while these guys are pros....

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      his right hook wasnt very good unless it was a david diaz or hatton come forward type...he shouldve been launching those left hands

if the injury was legit he would have been able to throw like he did after the 4th round...he just couldnt get in position to land it.....nor could he with his right, which he throws too wide
      I don't know what you mean, his right hook was very good. Essential against Morales in II/III, against Cotto. But yea, that right hand was built to combat pressure, not counter-punchers. I'm surprised he didn't throw lead-lefts all night. He was extremely successful with it, even better than Floyd was with his lead right which Pac was catching/parrying very well till around rd 9/10.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        every fighter has flaws

floyd is so used to depending on sharp reflexes that he often rolls a jab instead of parrying OR SLIPPING IT...which is why DLH,cOTTO and Maidana had success with it until started landing counters and body shots

no fighter is or was perfect not even Ray Robinson who most say is the GOAT
        So u think Manny didnt learn to cutoff the ring? Roach didnt teach him? His style is working great for him.

Manny has so many flawled, yet **** these guys up big time. Even Floyd thought it would have been a walk in the park fighting him until his jab was countered by hard shots.

To return to the subject, Manny has never been a 1 punch KO guy. People overrated his power when he iced Hatton. manny hits u with so many shots that at some points ur body just give up. Look at the Cotto fight... Cotto could have finished the fight but he was bloodied and couldnt run anymore. Yes he has good power but not devastating power like some people were trying to make it seems. Thats the excuses haters found so they could say he was juicing.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          You're not allowed to criticise Manny about anything. I remember when some posters here got mad because I said he sucked at basketball. ****ing weirdos.
          I like Pacquiao, but does SUCK at basketball lol Holy **** he is bad. Its a shame that he thinks he is good.. Plus the singing.. thats bad lol

He should stick to boxing,basketball and singing is not his thing..
          Last edited by boxinggod101; 02-04-2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

The punches you don't see ko you. People are more cautious against him now, socan see the punches. Whereas before when people went to hurt PAC real bad PAC would nail them. Just look at hatton and cotton get knocked down by pa.c.
            Also look at the slo mo's of Floyd just about to receive a PAC punch. He had time close his eyes and brace himself as he knows he's walking onto one

Comment

to me it looks like he lost the strength in his legs as he got older. With it seems that insane agility he used to have and the ability to catch guys at random angles with hard power shots has diminished.

He was never a massive puncher at WW, but he could hurt guys over the course of a fight, and could definitely hurt people with the shots they didnt see.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                The punches you don't see ko you. People are more cautious against him now, socan see the punches. Whereas before when people went to hurt PAC real bad PAC would nail them. Just look at hatton and cotton get knocked down by pa.c.
                Also look at the slo mo's of Floyd just about to receive a PAC punch. He had time close his eyes and brace himself as he knows he's walking onto one
                Hatton was wrecked by a bad loss then cocaine and a new trainer that never suited him , to even think of Floyd Snr training him show how fcked in the head he was after losing his unbeaten record to Floyd , dont even look at the old bum they gave Ricky as a come back fight he nearly got stopped by him and so they they put him with a soft punching boxer so the brawler could box and not have to take a good shot .

Do you understand boxing even just a little , I dont think so .

Comment

I think a lot can be said of the 'toughness' of the guys Pacquiao faced above 140.

He stopped DLH and Cotto. Margartio could of easily been stopped, and he's a guy who has only been stopped twice (one an eye injury).
                  Mosely has only ever been stopped due to an injury. Pacquiao hurt him.
                  Clottey has never been stopped.
                  Pacquiao dropped and hurt JMM at different weights. He's a guy who has never been stopped and has maybe the best sense of recovery around.
                  Bradley, never been stopped. Rios, great chin..been stopped once.
                  Algieri was down like a yo-yo against Pacquiao, but never been stopped.
                  Mayweather, well..it's hard enough landing a punch on him.

That said, yeah, i do think his power wasn't as big a factor as it was at lower weights. But i believe it still still hurt and worried opponents.
                  I also think he lost that 'killer instinct' along the way.

Comment

Ricky Hatton got everyone thinking Pac was a one punch ko artist when in reality most of his knockouts during his ascent through the weights were stoppages where the fighter gave up (eg Morales III, ODLH) or was overwhelmed/broken down by volume (eg Cotto, Barrera, Diaz). He is a strong but not devastating puncher. Hatton kept his hands low and ate numerous clean full swings, not to mention was stopped by Mayweather, so he was really an anomaly.

Comment

[QUOTE=Reloaded;16443393]Thats what Toradol does , you guys cant be so pig ignorant the evidence is all there .[/QUOTE

show me the evidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X