Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Gets Tough Test on 4/9, Maybe Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derek has come full circle. Sad really. He fought back in 2010 against a faded Danny Williams for the British title at Upton Park.

Comment

Chisora would be good opponent and then Hughie Fury can you imagine if he ko's Hughie how he could use that to force the Tyson fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
        I agree. A fair amount of world champions fight 3/4 times a year, the likes of GGG, Kovalev and Donaire. (though Donaire has gotten off track since the Rigondeaux loss) It's only really the "PPV stars" of boxing who only fight twice a year. Unacceptale for AJ to fight possibly only 3 times in 2016.

Point is prospects should definitely be fighting minimum 4 times a year. That's the minimum, normally it'd be 5/6 times a year against some good but limited opposition.
        Iron mike had like 18 fights in the first couple of years!!! That's almost like 9 fights a year!! These money divas are really rubbing me the wrong way!! Killing the sport!! Look at Aj's main rival Parker. He is being moved along sooo well Saglam, pettaway minto etc he is brig moved like a true prospect. Aj is fighting like he has been unified champ for the last decade!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
          Iron mike had like 18 fights in the first couple of years!!! That's almost like 9 fights a year!! These money divas are really rubbing me the wrong way!! Killing the sport!! Look at Aj's main rival Parker. He is being moved along sooo well Saglam, pettaway minto etc he is brig moved like a true prospect. Aj is fighting like he has been unified champ for the last decade!!!
          Parker's been stalling his last few fights. He needs to step it up and fight outside NZ or he's going to be in for a rude awakening sometime down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
            April??? Mike Tyson had 15 fights on his first year sometime fight twice a week
            I know back in the day they fought like 3 times a month or even more at times but can they still do that?

I know with all the concussion protocols, health of athlete, and what have you going on these days i was wondering that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
              Chisora would be good opponent and then Hughie Fury can you imagine if he ko's Hughie how he could use that to force the Tyson fight.
              Hughie's nowhere near ready for that fight.

He needs to mature physically, he hasn't developed his man strength yet. Joshua wins that easy, not because he's better, but because he's bigger. Give that fight a couple more years, Hughie's talented and is a more gifted technical boxer than Joshua IMO, but he's just not strong enough yet to deal with Joshua.

The Chisora fight makes sense for Joshia, but he'd beat him tomorrow, so waiting 4 months for it is kind of underwhelming.

I think he should go for Chisora in Feb, Price in April/May (if he decides to fight again, it's a good payday for him) and Teper in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                Parker's been stalling his last few fights. He needs to step it up and fight outside NZ or he's going to be in for a rude awakening sometime down the line.
                I think it's his team around him, as of late he has picked up a top 10 ranking! And his team seems reluctant, though if I was team Parker I would have supreme confidence in him.

I think he beats a lot of the current crop. He just needs that self belief!

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                  I think it's his team around him, as of late he has picked up a top 10 ranking! And his team seems reluctant, though if I was team Parker I would have supreme confidence in him.

I think he beats a lot of the current crop. He just needs that self belief!
                  I definitely think he has that self belief. Just wish his team shared it.

Parker's got awesome potential, IMO. He's fast, smooth, explosive, athletically gifted and looks to have a very decent boxing brain on his shoulders. But I've been seeing some bad habits creep into his game lately, abandoning the jab, an overeagerness to knock guys out, forcing the stoppage by sheer aggression over working for openings. And he still has that habit of sticking his chin in the air when he punches.

He needs more fights like the Sherman Williams one, that force him to box and work. Ustinov or Browne would be excellent at this stage. I hope the Browne fight comes off. It'd tell us a lot about his level in the game.

Comment

Chisora ???

That buffoon is and always has been WAY over rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                      I definitely think he has that self belief. Just wish his team shared it.

Parker's got awesome potential, IMO. He's fast, smooth, explosive, athletically gifted and looks to have a very decent boxing brain on his shoulders. But I've been seeing some bad habits creep into his game lately, abandoning the jab, an overeagerness to knock guys out, forcing the stoppage by sheer aggression over working for openings. And he still has that habit of sticking his chin in the air when he punches.

He needs more fights like the Sherman Williams one, that force him to box and work. Ustinov or Browne would be excellent at this stage. I hope the Browne fight comes off. It'd tell us a lot about his level in the game.
                      Agreed 100%, I think his habit of abandoning the jab is a rookie mistake. He only seems to lose the jab when he has the opponent hurt. He just needs his trainer to tell him to chill the f out!!! He has the tools to finish, but he does get reckless when he sees blood! Hopefully he gets caught with something that will teach him not to before he goes to the gets caught with a bomb and doesn't get back up!! He needs that vetted awareness but it will come with time!!!

I have been asking for the Browne fight since the Saglam bout!!! The Australasian rivalry will make it a good sell maybe Aussie ppv?

Comment

Working...
                      X