Comments Thread For: Arum Expects Bigger Business For Chavez vs. Martinez II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borikua View Post
    Stupid fight, no need for a rematch.
    if danny garcia can do a rematch with morales and jmm/pac then why is this a stupid rematch

Comment

easy payday for martinez

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        easy payday for martinez
        Thats a dumba$$ statement. The months of prep, giving and recieving punches, almost being knocked out is no easy fight. Get a clue. An easy fight is a one round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Thats a dumba$$ statement. The months of prep, giving and recieving punches, almost being knocked out is no easy fight. Get a clue. An easy fight is a one round KO.
          yea u right.

i forgot that martinez is injured

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            It's not difficult to understand. First, Arum is very well educated, a Harvard Summa Cum Laude. And he's in the boxing business, typically the hunting grounds for the ignorant, unlettered and bigoted. Then he's VERY successful, the greatest promoter in boxing history.Then, he's old, and the carpers and critics are young (except for the dedicated life-time antisemites) And last but not least..... he's a Jew,-and routinely bests non-Jews........

So this combination reverberates with every degree and kind of racism, hatred, intolerance and jealousy.
            He's also a liar...I mean lawyer so he's greasy. Great post.....

Comment

stop crying

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
              I hope Sergio realizes he is 100% the boss now. Not Chavez Jr. Not Bob Arum. If he truly wants to take the immediate rematch, and not look for a huge mega-fight with Floyd, then he needs to lay down the law with what he expects. He should make any demands he sees fit, and I hope he does not fight until he feels good and damn ready seeing that he fractured his hand and hurt his knee. Maravilla is just such a nice guy, I do not want to see him taken advantage of. He can make big money with a couple of other fights anyway if he wants to. The world does not revolve around Julio Chavez Jr. Hell, I'd stipulate something in the contract forbidding Jr. from exceeding a certain weight on fight night too. WARGENTINA.

Oh yeah, Martinez dominates in the rematch as well.
              I love guys like you concerned about pro athletes contracts. Dude you ever here the phrase "what he eat don't make you sh#t". Martinez will finally get what he always wanted and that's a big time fight unfort it's with a lesser opp but u think he cares? Next time u struggle to pay a bill or is up for a raise remember Sergio will be enjoying his millions in his beachside home.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                No reason for a rematch, this is not going to be the continuation of the 12 round but the continuation of the first 11
                Green K - classic!

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  Good, as long as it's not in Vegas. We were robbed on Saturday, so it can't be there and none of the officials involved can be allowed in the state the fight lands. All we want is a fair shake. Texas. Los Angeles. Mexico City. Any of those places are fine.
                  Mushadeen, you can change your alt's sig now - your boy got a facelift & will again if there's a rematch. Stop being a vagina on menstruation......

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                    if danny garcia can do a rematch with morales and jmm/pac then why is this a stupid rematch
                    Nah, don't even compare Garcia/Morales to either Pac/Marquez or Martinez/Jr. Morales was still in that fight until he got dropped....

Comment

Arum expects the sequel to sell more PPVs than the 800,000 he will claim the first fight sold. A second fight might interest some of the Chavez Jr. fans who can't see the forest for the trees, but I don't it will sell significantly more PPV's than this one did because the outcome will be the same. However, I am sure he will raise the ticket prices.

Comment

Working...
                      X