Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Hall of Famer Erik "El Terrible" Morales deserve a pass despite testing positive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Hall of Famer Erik "El Terrible" Morales deserve a pass despite testing positive

Or do you think his entire career is now in question?

In case you had forgotten, Morales tested positive for an anabolic steroid prior to getting starched against Puerto Rico's Danny Garcia. At the time, he had claimed it came from "tainted beef" that he hate in Mexico.

I question the entire career of any fighters who have tested positive for banned substances
    51.85%
    I believe that he ate tainted beef in Mexico
    22.22%
    I believe he took the banned substance for this fight in particular, but no others
    25.93%

Had to be the tainted meat

Comment

Tainted barbacoa obviously.

Comment

I only give fighters a pass when they get popped for drugs near the end of their careers and the only reason they took them was to try and last one more year in the game or to make weight.
        --> sometimes it's really sad (the fighter's body is breaking down, but he needs money desperately and can't afford to retire)
        --> Other times, it's just psychologically difficult for a fighter to accept he's come to the end of the road

If you did PED's in your prime, though, and the evidence is indisputable, that's not cool, no pass.

Comment

He gets a pass he was clean his whole career in his prime . Its not like he looked shredded or like a new man so truth is a possibility

Comment

No

Much in the in same way as James Toney, Roy Jones, Shane Mosley, Antonio Tarver and many, many more

These guys must be questioned

We saw as soon as Roid Jones was forced to stop juicing, Journeyman plodder Johnson shattered some glass in the ring

Who knows how "good" these guys really were

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
              Or do you think his entire career is now in question?

In case you had forgotten, Morales tested positive for an anabolic steroid prior to getting starched against Puerto Rico's Danny Garcia. At the time, he had claimed it came from "tainted beef" that he hate in Mexico.

Hmm well he was past his prime by that point, it is possible out of desperation he decided to juice. But any fighter who juices or displays suspect behaviors ie rehydrating to your usual fighting weight using an emergency iv, it casts a shadow of doubt on the whole body of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ross View Post
                No

Much in the in same way as James Toney, Roy Jones, Shane Mosley, Antonio Tarver and many, many more

We saw as soon as Roid Jones was forced to stop juicing, Journeyman plodder Johnson shattered some glass in the ring

Lol alot of people try to forget abt Roy Jones and them being on roids. Lets see what people will say abt it lol Good one

Comment

We need an all drug boxing championship.

Not testing positive for any drugs disqualifies you.

No Drugs Barred! All drugs all the time.

Comment

No

I must be tired or something, I actually agree with your post!

Being caught once doesn't equate to only cheating once. Mosley admitted using PED's on more than one occasion before ever being caught........and he was only caught because someone snitched.

Comment

Working...
                    X