No announcement yet.

Quality of Opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of Opposition

We always whine about Floyd not fighting the best in his division or Manny fighting old, shot and "weak" world champions. But in your opinion, who, amongst the top fighters today really had the toughest or best opposition in their last 5 fights. In short, which fighter has the best resume in his last 5 contests.

Here are the facts:

JMM - Juarez (W), Pacquiao (L), Casamayor (W), Diaz (W), Mayweather (L)

Pacquiao - Barrera (W), Marquez (W), Diaz (W), De la Hoya (W), Hatton (W)

Mosley - Vargas (W), Collazo (W), Cotto (L), Mayorga (W), Margarito (W)

Maywether - Judah (W), Baldomir (W) De la Hoya (W), Hatton (W), Marquez (W)

Cotto - Mosley (W), Gomez (W), Margarito (L), Jennings (W), Clottey (W)

It's tougher than I thought, but I think JMM's resume looks pretty good.

Pacquiao's and Floyd's undefeated record in their last 5 fights are impressive, but Pacquiao edges him slighty because he was always moving up. However, 2 of Pacquiao's victims were former Mayweather victims. Mosley beat a has-been for the 2nd time and beat another has been in Mayorga. But his dominating performance against Margarito is worth a mention. Cotto's is harder to read because of Gomez and Jennings, but he also beat Mosley and Clottey.

My conclusion: JMM is a badass who'll fight anyone, anytime, at any weight class.
    JMM
    33.96%
    Pacquiao
    20.75%
    Mayweather
    9.43%
    Mosley
    11.32%
    Cotto
    24.53%

Good thread. JMM wins this one, if we just talkin bout fights period rather than fights won. And all those guys got a decent last 5 list.

Comment

I would give Pac the win here. He gets extra consideration for moving up in weight for 3 of those 5 and winning all 3 by stoppage.

Comment

This is not easy, but I say Cotto has the three toughest opponents. Mosley, Margarito and Clottey.

Comment

Marquez, no question.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

If we're just talking about Tougher fights and not actually winning the fights then Marquez hands down. Can't top both Pac AND Mayweather on the same resume.

Comment

My boy JMM takes this one.
              Cotto and Pac are close behind though.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez takes this one. Mayweather and Pacquiao, even though he lost both, is impressive. Cotto and Pacquiao are close behind, but JMM edges them out. Mayweather and Mosley don't have bad resumes however.

Comment

Am I the only one voted for Mosley? The guy had wars with most of top WWs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chev Chelois View Post
                    Am I the only one voted for Mosley? The guy had wars with most of top WWs.
                    I voted Mosley. But i'm still bitter that I rooted for Vargas and Mosley beat him. Then I rooted for him against Cotto and lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X