Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith is NOT a Bad Fight, Explains Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    So the bar for being talented now is beating a legit world class fighter? Sigh....why do you morons bother?

Or were you saying he's not exciting?

Yeah a mismatch......Just go fu(k yourself you fanboy loser. I don't care about your anti Canelo agenda. I'll be putting a sly bet on Smith and rooting for him fight night. And if I'm wrong , guess what? I'll still be balls deep in my girl at the end of the night so you can lol all you want loser, it's boxing and you treat it like it's a ****ing soap opera.
    You were making your point heard very nicely,wrong,but nicely,untill you had to start cursing and calling people names,it means you lost.
    Do you honestly think smith has a chance?and dont come with everybody has a chance.This is a very carefully move by golden boy.Smith is not a puncher nor a boxer,he is what people call this days,a B fighter.Are you betting against canelo?I dont think so.Listen man,I am mexican and somewhat like canelo,but he will never be mayweather,reason being is that nobody cared about who was fighting him because everybody want floyd to lose.All we want is take dlh word ,that the best fight the best..Now go ahead and defend Ward's new oponent.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      is clear that smith isnt the best champion at 154, in fact he is the easiest one, but lets not forget that canelo already defeated lara who is ranked at the top of the division, and on top of that the rest of the champions are with haymon, and as far as i know oscar still has legal issues with him, so is logical that they will try to get the other champion first, unless is a good name like khan, floyd, etc.. i dont see oscar trying to make fights with haymon fighters that are relatively unknown or bring very little to the table... i see some fights taking place in the future like andrade once the sanctioning body orders it, but for oscar to go and ask for haymon fighters that really bring very little, i just dont see it... maybe if jroc beats lara or one of them unify and gets a couple of titles then this could happen, but for now those guys wont even fight each other ... the division will get interesting if the fights start happening soon...
      that being said, this fight shouldnt be on ppv...
      Golden boy no longer has legal problems,but canelo has to pay,but thats whatever.Can we all agree that not even mexicans will buy this fight?

Comment

Canelo does not need GGG and should avoid the commie GGG

Let Canelo yellow pound out the weak Brit Liam Smith in Vegas and make his $5 million pesos with the burro crowd cheering Canyellow on with their tequila breath and tacos. Canelo can make a great living in a siesta boxing career avoiding the greats and beating on stooges. Si' No mas' Ole' that dodging Canyellow on to Mex greatness which is average for Americans. The Charlos even await flame face Can-yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
          Golden boy no longer has legal problems,but canelo has to pay,but thats whatever.Can we all agree that not even mexicans will buy this fight?
          golden boy has legal issues with al haymon, thats why is understandable he picks this champion over the others who belong to haymon, but yes this fight shouldnt be on ppv, but there is a good group of casuals that will buy it regardless, maybe 300k which is half of canelo-khan that was considered a joke by everybody...

Comment

Hearn will praise Liam anyway. Everyone knows Liam will be joining his brothers at Matchroom once his contract with Warren is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              So it had nothing to do with the fact that Baldomir had just beaten the undesputed champ?

Nothing to do with the fact that Baldomir was unbeaten in eight years?

Nothing to do with the fact that Baldomir was the lineal and wbc champion?

The wbc and lineal champ, coming from a victory against the undesputed champ, and unbeaten champion, was less know than bum of the month Margarito who had done absolutely nothing in boxing at the time according to you?
              ok but baldomir was a bum. so your point is? are you saying baldomir was good. i win. you tried hard but at the end of the day getting people to admit baldomir was good will never happen.

baldomir beat another bum in judah who had ducked margarito. it was a very similar situation to canelo/ggg where everyone knows ggg is the best while canelo is the "linear" champ except of course canelo is actually good while baldomir was not. the long line of ducking the #1 guy margarito and title trading that went on for a couple years prior to the floyd-baldomir fight watered down the lineage and floyd jumped on it. i don't even blame floyd for that but he had the opportunity to fight marg before and after baldomir and he never fit him in while fitting in crap opponents or retiring.

margs had many title defenses, had fought on espn, showtime, and hbo several times and had beaten at least 4 top 10 fighters at that point. that's doing nothing in boxing? oh yeah he also brought a mexican fanbase which baldomir didn't have so yes in my opinion marg would have done a lot more buys than a baldomir ppv which bombed.
              Last edited by daggum; 06-29-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                These dudes don't care about facts
                yeah because saying no one knew who margarito was even though he had been ranked #1 for 3 years is clearly a fact

and if baldomir was so popular why did the ppv bomb? no fanbase and people didn't believe the cinderella story. or maybe the biggest reason was they saw him fight and realized he was a slow plodder who caught judah off guard(later we foundout judah had mental problems and only fought for 4 rounds) and an ancient gatti(down on the cards before ko'ing him lol) maybe that didn't impress them and they didn't believe he was a great opponent who came from nowhere and was going to beat floyd. meanwhile floyd tought margs could beat him since he turned the fight down many times and took easier fights for less money.

Comment

you guys make a good point though about margs. he did lose a couple fights prior. lets forget that the fight was at 154 not 147 and it was a clear robbery in the other guys hometown but you are right. it would have looked bad if floyd had fought margs because of that previous loss, that's why i'm so glad he fought judah coming off a loss to an unknown journeyman instead!
                  Last edited by daggum; 06-29-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

It's not a bad fight if..

A) it's your job to sell the fight to the public
                    B) GGG never existed

Other than that, the fight is a waste of HBO's budget.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      yeah because saying no one knew who margarito was even though he had been ranked #1 for 3 years is clearly a fact

and if baldomir was so popular why did the ppv bomb? no fanbase and people didn't believe the cinderella story. or maybe the biggest reason was they saw him fight and realized he was a slow plodder who caught judah off guard(later we foundout judah had mental problems and only fought for 4 rounds) and an ancient gatti(down on the cards before ko'ing him lol) maybe that didn't impress them and they didn't believe he was a great opponent who came from nowhere and was going to beat floyd. meanwhile floyd tought margs could beat him since he turned the fight down many times and took easier fights for less money.
                      In 2006??? Your high as a FKN kite!!! He LOST like 11/2004. Fought two scrubs in 2005. 1 fight in early 2006. Then Floyd fought Baldomir. But hey it's your lie!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X