Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao more accurate puncher than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[B]Based on the numbers Floyd will be looked at as the more accurate puncher being he throws a lot less but lands at a high rate where Pac throws a lot more and may land at a lower percentage,[/B]

Thats kinda the definition of accuracy right?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      I'm thinking a larger sample size might make this a better post.
      I will get on it.

Will go back to their last 6 fights.

But I have to go out for a few hours, will sort it out later.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        I will get on it.

Will go back to their last 6 fights.

But I have to go out for a few hours, will sort it out later.
        I think the clottey fight will hurt you. Manny threw a ton and really didn't land much. Besides, I think your point in this thread isn't really serious. I mean you can't just exclude punches and accuracy is also related to the opponent.

I mean a high connect rate against a guy who stands in fron of you mitigates the numbers IMO.

Comment

[B]Based on the numbers Floyd will be looked at as the more accurate puncher being he throws a lot less but lands at a high rate where Pac throws a lot more and may land at a lower percentage,[/B]

Thats kinda the definition of accuracy right?

I'm just going to look at the power punches for their last 6 fights. With Floyd's style you would expect his accuracy to be much higher but I think Pacquiao may have an edge.

I do have to crunch the number though, but when you take into account the volume punching and combination punching, I think this makes Pacquiao more accurate.

Comment

I think the clottey fight will hurt you. Manny threw a ton and really didn't land much. Besides, I think your point in this thread isn't really serious. I mean you can't just exclude punches and accuracy is also related to the opponent.

I mean a high connect rate against a guy who stands in fron of you mitigates the numbers IMO.
            Yes and Mayweather got very high connects against Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbay Giant View Post
              Welcome to...

HOLY ****.

That is the funniest photo I've seen in a long time.

Nicely done, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                Floyd has biggest Punch stat disparity in boxing history from his accuracy and punches landed against
                That's true. 1.) Floyd and 2.) Vitali are at the top of list when it comes to land vs opponent land punch ratio.
                Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 07-22-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I'm just going to look at the power punches for their last 6 fights. With Floyd's style you would expect his accuracy to be much higher but I think Pacquiao may have an edge.

I do have to crunch the number though, but when you take into account the volume punching and combination punching, I think this makes Pacquiao more accurate.
                  I don't think accuracy is the proper term because once you factor in Mosley and Clottey the argument is over.

Its like Baseball I guess. Manny has a lot of HR's but he strikesout alot too. He is your classic power hitter.

Comment

Yes and Mayweather got very high connects against Marquez.
                    What I wonder is who gets more accurate as the fight goes on. I'm thinking its floyd but I wonder how manny does when looking at accuracy by round.

Comment

Taking the jab out of the picture makes little sense to me; that's Mayweather's most accurate punch. Manny is a power puncher, Floyd is a boxer so the jab is crucial to what he does.

Trying to find out who is more accurate and then removing Mayweather's most accurate punch isn't exactly going to give you fair numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X