Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez has this fight in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze_ero View Post
      very boring fight!not a good fight for an elite fighter in Marquez....Other elite fighters, scheduled this year, have a very credible opponent on their next bout except Marquez...Floyd vs Cotto, Pacman vs Bradley, Salido vs Juanma, Khan vs Peterson.......
      Yeah because no one wanted to fight him, JMM is high risk, low reward.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
        uhm as i recall, Khan wanted to fight him, Peterson wanted to fight him, Morales without an opponent wanted to fight him, Guerrero (Mr. high risk low reward) wanted to fight him, Tim Bradley & Brandon Rios even wanted to fight him. so quit the bull**** and tell the truth! Marquez is the king of fighting bums.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
          Rios and Guerrero and even Morales have shown their availability to fight Marquez but Marquez opted to fight Cuenca....I wonder why?????

Cuenca! 42 wins against a bum fighters and yet, only managed to KO 1....Unbelievable match-up against a soon to be hall of famer in Marquez....this fight is a hall of shame for Marquez....

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze_ero View Post
            Rios and Guerrero and even Morales have shown their availability to fight Marquez but Marquez opted to fight Cuenca....I wonder why?????

Cuenca! 42 wins against a bum fighters and yet, only managed to KO 1....Unbelievable match-up against a soon to be hall of famer in Marquez....this fight is a hall of shame for Marquez....
            The guy has been fighting world beaters for years, can't he take a soft touch as a tuneup until something he feels is a better option opens up?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              The guy has been fighting world beaters for years, can't he take a soft touch as a tuneup until something he feels is a better option opens up?
              thats just sad... is Mayweather taking it soft? if Pacq did this you would be all over him in a flash. why would he need a tune-up wen just fought the #1 p4p. shouldn't he have stepped his game up 10 years ago like Pacq and Floyd did. the truth is Marquez cannot beat boxers which explains why he picks brawlers year after year. name 1 one world beaters he has fought besides Pacq, Barrera and John all of which he couldn't dominate!

Comment

Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
                uhm as i recall, Khan wanted to fight him, Peterson wanted to fight him, Morales without an opponent wanted to fight him, Guerrero (Mr. high risk low reward) wanted to fight him, Tim Bradley & Brandon Rios even wanted to fight him. so quit the bull**** and tell the truth! Marquez is the king of fighting bums.
                Norwood, Medina, Salido, John, Barrera, Casamayor, Diaz x2, Mayweather, Pacquiao x3, etc......Yeah, you're right. Marquez is the "king of fighting bums"...LOL
                Last edited by Tony B.; 03-14-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

thats just sad... is Mayweather taking it soft? if Pacq did this you would be all over him in a flash. why would he need a tune-up wen just fought the #1 p4p. shouldn't he have stepped his game up 10 years ago like Pacq and Floyd did. the truth is Marquez cannot beat boxers which explains why he picks brawlers year after year. name 1 one world beaters he has fought besides Pacq, Barrera and John all of which he couldn't dominate!
                  Victor Ortiz was Mayweathers soft touch. Marquez was supposed to be Pacquiaos soft touch until he took Pac to school (again)....I think the aging Marquez has earned a rest while he waits for one last big money fight.

Comment

Peterson is fighting Khan again and Bradley is fighting Pacquiao, so obviously those two fight aint happening. Of course Morales want to fight Marquez because thats the biggest possible fight he could possibly get. Guerrero and Rios wanted to fight JMM but Marquez got the 3rd fight with Pacquiao. And when Khan and JMM were in talks to fight it was when Khan was at 135 and Marquez was still chasing that 3rd fight with Pacquiao back then.
                    JMM is taking this fight because all the big fights fell through he needs to stay busy. This is a perfect stay busy fight against a lefty because he's probably getting Pacquiao again this winter.

Comment

So he should just do nothing while other fighters are tied up in other fights?

He will fight someone better soon enough, give the guy a break.

Comment

Working...
                      X