No announcement yet.

Some of you really don’t get boxing or you’re on the wind up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of you really don’t get boxing or you’re on the wind up

The amount of people on here claiming that Manny has lost it, that he now stands no chance against him, her, whoever.

What are you on?!

Jesus, it was just a poor fight, and off day. Not helped by an opponent who ran like a chicken for 12 rounds and threw 5 combinations in the whole fight!!

Come on, stop being so dramatic, it was a bad fight. Remember, it takes two to make a fight and only one man showed up.

Manny is shot!! Manny is too old!! Manny is slow!! Manny, Manny, Manny

I honestly despair with some of the things people write on here.

Come Nov, against someone who really DOES want to fight (Marquez), then Manny will be back thrilling and exciting you all as you’ve come to expect, and once more you’ll all sing his praises.

Just try to be a little more intelligent, one bad fight a bad fighter does not make

no more black dudes for pac

mexicans may get beat but at least they go down in a ****ing ball of flames

Comment

One boxer that could test the limits of Pacman doesn't want to end her vacation. She had hoped that Mosley would do it for her. What a clown.
      Last edited by maguirre; 05-09-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

One man wanted to fight - one didn't. Pacman was fighting a man who didn't want a fight for heavens sake. Pacquiao didn't look 'bad' at all, only an illogical twit would think like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
          The amount of people on here claiming that Manny has lost it, that he now stands no chance against him, her, whoever.

What are you on?!

Jesus, it was just a poor fight, and off day. Not helped by an opponent who ran like a chicken for 12 rounds and threw 5 combinations in the whole fight!!

Come on, stop being so dramatic, it was a bad fight. Remember, it takes two to make a fight and only one man showed up.

Manny is shot!! Manny is too old!! Manny is slow!! Manny, Manny, Manny

I honestly despair with some of the things people write on here.

Come Nov, against someone who really DOES want to fight (Marquez), then Manny will be back thrilling and exciting you all as you’ve come to expect, and once more you’ll all sing his praises.

Just try to be a little more intelligent, one bad fight a bad fighter does not make
          I agree, and Pac won all 12 rounds as well. The thing is Pac was winning so easily he didnt have to pursue it and chase it. But people expect 12 round all action with Pac or something?

Other boxers in the past think they have won and coast for the last remainder of rounds ala DLH against Tito.

If Pac was behind on the scorecards and hated SSM we might have seen a more ferocious Pac.

Comment

see, this is the difference between Pac and other fighters. Pac said in a post fight conference that he doesn't care if his face got beat up, as long as it entertains the fight and it's a toe to toe battle. Can you haters at least give Pac credit for that dedication for the sport and his fans? The guys is THE #1 p4p and THE richest boxer alive with his legacy pretty much set, and for him to still say things like that deserve every praise in the book. He doesn't need any more money and fame and he has nothing left to prove, yet he's out there giving us a show. That's dedication for you, but unfortunately too many haters don't see that and they'd rather support pussies who quit in the ring when the going gets tough (i.e. alexander, oscar, cintron, or any ***** that doesn't have any balls) Pac has heart and will always be a warrior, and it's mindboggling how people who call themselves boxing fans would have so much hate for a guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
              One man wanted to fight - one didn't. Pacman was fighting a man who didn't want a fight for heavens sake. Pacquiao didn't look 'bad' at all, only an illogical twit would think like this.

i think pacquiao lacked some of his regular luster. complaining about pain or weakness in the legs is an argument for pacquiao's decline, not against

he's a world class fighter in a highly coordinated training camp (he's had 50 plus fights,) he knows how to peak and to not overtrain

and i'll venture i've forgotten more about boxing in the past month than most nsb posters have learned in their lives

anybody who has aged past 25 can tell you that the legs are the first thing to go on an athletic man's body
              manny's attempts at handspeed looked more like flailing on saturday than they have in the past
              he was getting off balance.
              now, manny often leans when he's finishing his combinations with the left hand, he wasn't even ready to finish his combinations, never mind being able to pick a safe angle to move back out of distance.

he didn't go in and out, he moved forward and backward, which is essentially old pacquiao

he looked a bit off in training.
              he doesn't look like he's behaving like the best fighter on the planet in the gym

i don't believe manny is improving anymore (he had a stretch where he looked better in almost every fight, save david diaz.)
              in fact, i'd say that he's declining

whether it's purely physical and due to age, or whether his lifestyle is catching up with him (the dude is a goddamn congressman, international celebrity, father, and fighter)
              or whether his lack of competition in training and also in the fights is keeping the best from coming out of him
              but i think he peaked at ricky hatton. i've never seen him look that good before or since

he's a physical fighter
              he relies on his speed, power, reflexes to win
              when they go he's going to need a serious overhaul of his style (int he same way that great fighters such as bernard hopkins, james toney, vitali klitschko, have completely overhauled their styles as their physical skills waned)

he's going to get old fast
              and a performance that lacked aggression and the intent to destroy that was part and parcel of manny's rise is evidence for me that he's on the slide

he comes in his next fight after refusing an arum no hoper
              fights maravilla
              marquez
              god forbid a goldenboy fighter actually fighting a top rank fighter,
              but ortiz
              or ahem floyd mayweather for about 45 million dollars
              and looks like the old manny pacquiao mentally as well as physically, behaving like the best fighter on the planet and looking to destroy
              and i'll shut up

i don't care if he's not as fast as he used to be
              he's bigger and carrying more weight as he grows into ww and he's still punching like a man possessed

i want to see him hungry and pissed about being hit and looking to go to war.
              we saw flashes of it on saturday
              he needs an opponent to bring the old pacquiao if there is anything left
              his recent run of opponents may have depleted it

they were ww's big enough to touch him up and punish him and mark his face, without doing enough or posing enough of a threat to build a great WW

otherwise i'll say that i cant say to a degree of absolute certainty giving his recent run of opponents, but i'd lean towards the notion that manny's best days are behind him physically
              Last edited by New England; 05-09-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Yup,the fight was boring,so blame Mosley.Maybe team Pacman should have chosen a young prime fighter instead of a shot 40 year old,how bout them apples??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Yup,the fight was boring,so blame Mosley.Maybe team Pacman should have chosen a young prime fighter instead of a shot 40 year old,how bout them apples??
                  end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i think pacquiao lacked some of his regular luster. complaining about pain or weakness in the legs is an argument for pacquiao's decline, not against

he's a world class fighter in a highly coordinated training camp (he's had 50 plus fights,) he knows how to peak and to not overtrain

and i'll venture i've forgotten more about boxing in the past month than most nsb posters have learned in their lives

anybody who has aged past 25 can tell you that the legs are the first thing to go on an athletic man's body
                    manny's attempts at handspeed looked more like flailing on saturday than they have in the past
                    he was getting off balance.
                    now, manny often leans when he's finishing his combinations with the left hand, he wasn't even ready to finish his combinations, never mind being able to pick a safe angle to move back out of distance.

he didn't go in and out, he moved forward and backward, which is essentially old pacquiao

he looked a bit off in training.
                    he doesn't look like he's behaving like the best fighter on the planet in the gym

i don't believe manny is improving anymore (he had a stretch where he looked better in almost every fight, save david diaz.)
                    in fact, i'd say that he's declining

whether it's purely physical and due to age, or whether his lifestyle is catching up with him (the dude is a goddamn congressman, international celebrity, father, and fighter)
                    or whether his lack of competition in training and also in the fights is keeping the best from coming out of him
                    but i think he peaked at ricky hatton. i've never seen him look that good before or since

he's a physical fighter
                    he relies on his speed, power, reflexes to win
                    when they go he's going to need a serious overhaul of his style (int he same way that great fighters such as bernard hopkins, james toney, vitali klitschko, have completely overhauled their styles as their physical skills waned)

he's going to get old fast
                    and a performance that lacked aggression and the intent to destroy that was part and parcel of manny's rise is evidence for me that he's on the slide

he comes in his next fight after refusing an arum no hoper
                    fights maravilla
                    marquez
                    god forbid a goldenboy fighter actually fighting a top rank fighter,
                    but ortiz
                    or ahem floyd mayweather for about 45 million dollars
                    and looks like the old manny pacquiao mentally as well as physically, behaving like the best fighter on the planet and looking to destroy
                    and i'll shut up

i don't care if he's not as fast as he used to be
                    he's bigger and carrying more weight as he grows into ww and he's still punching like a man possessed

i want to see him hungry and pissed about being hit and looking to go to war.
                    we saw flashes of it on saturday
                    he needs an opponent to bring the old pacquiao if there is anything left
                    his recent run of opponents may have depleted it

they were ww's big enough to touch him up and punish him and mark his face, without doing enough or posing enough of a threat to build a great WW

otherwise i'll say that i cant say to a degree of absolute certainty giving his recent run of opponents, but i'd lean towards the notion that manny's best days are behind him physically
                    And you’ve concluded all of that on 36 minutes of boxing

If it happens in the next fight, possibly a third then I’ll lean towards agreement, but for now i simply say it was a badly matched fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X