Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone else rather soccer over baseball as a mainstream sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, but no. I love baseball it's my favorite sport over every other. For many years it was the main sport in the US, it and boxing. The sport dates all the way back professionally to the 1870's maybe even earlier.

Today I know a lot of the younger generation isn't too into baseball. They say the same thing "it's boring". For one most don't have the attention span, they need action and right now. Two anything that people don't understand they usally don't like and say it's boring. Baseball may look easy, but their are many aspects that go into it from technique to strategy. It's the little things that I love about the sport.

Lastly, I've said this before. Their are basically two kinds of people that say they don't like baseball (really any sport). Either they tried it and sucked at it or haven't tried it at all. Im not a fan of soccer, when I tried it I sucked at it and really haven't given it a shot as far as watching it consistently.

Comment

to an earlier post - bb requires physical accuracy and short bursts of speed. so , soccer is only more athletic in that it is like jogging or running 50% of the time - which u dont need to be an athlete to do.

anyways, i agree with the point that the younger gen has ADD basically. basically, most under say 22 or 21 seem to be like the caffeine generation. not all. but i have seen enough. even for peeps around my age in the mid 2o's.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
        Sorry, but no. I love baseball it's my favorite sport over every other. For many years it was the main sport in the US, it and boxing. The sport dates all the way back professionally to the 1870's maybe even earlier.

Today I know a lot of the younger generation isn't too into baseball. They say the same thing "it's boring". For one most don't have the attention span, they need action and right now. Two anything that people don't understand they usally don't like and say it's boring. Baseball may look easy, but their are many aspects that go into it from technique to strategy. It's the little things that I love about the sport.

Lastly, I've said this before. Their are basically two kinds of people that say they don't like baseball (really any sport). Either they tried it and sucked at it or haven't tried it at all. Im not a fan of soccer, when I tried it I sucked at it and really haven't given it a shot as far as watching it consistently.

Soccer is very fun to play.....playing baseball is mostly waiting for a ball to be hit in the outfield if that is where you are or waiting for your turn to bat.....its too much waiting not enough activity for me to enjoy but like I said to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          [/B]

Soccer is very fun to play.....playing baseball is mostly waiting for a ball to be hit in the outfield if that is where you are or waiting for your turn to bat.....its too much waiting not enough activity for me to enjoy but like I said to each his own.
          See the waiting doesn't bother me, it makes that time when you do have to make a play or when your at bat even more pressure filled. It's all about consistency and it's mostly on you. In baseball you fail more times than not and to me that challenge is what makes it exciting for me. Like you said though each his own.

Comment

Incufan said it word for word.

If you suck at a sport then just leave it alone lol.

I find soccer very, very, very, boring but i don't hate on it or call it out on it's legitimacy on being a sport or not. Fact is if you suck at a sport then you won't like it. If you are able to play infield like Derek Jeter, bat like Alex Rodriguez, catch flyballs like Torii Hunter and have an arm like Vladimir Guerrero, and you don't like baseball still then you can call it out. Until then just.

**** if I was to have Tiger Woods skills I would love Golf which i find very boring.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
              See the waiting doesn't bother me, it makes that time when you do have to make a play or when your at bat even more pressure filled. It's all about consistency and it's mostly on you. In baseball you fail more times than not and to me that challenge is what makes it exciting for me. Like you said though each his own.
              Baseball is a tough, tough, tough sport. You can understand why people don't like it, it's hard to be good at it. In 106 years of MLB, only 202 former Major Leaguers have made it to the Hall Of Fame. You said you have played it, and I also have played it, so we both know how hard it is to compete in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                Incufan said it word for word.

If you suck at a sport then just leave it alone lol.

I find soccer very, very, very, boring but i don't hate on it or call it out on it's legitimacy on being a sport or not. Fact is if you suck at a sport then you won't like it. If you are able to play infield like Derek Jeter, bat like Alex Rodriguez, catch flyballs like Torii Hunter and have an arm like Vladimir Guerrero, and you don't like baseball still then you can call it out. Until then just.

**** if I was to have Tiger Woods skills I would love Golf which i find very boring.
                I just find it boring and can't see why here in the states baseball is so popular and soccer isn't when it is in actuality the most popular sport in the world....its a legit question, also soccer teams can legitimately call themselves world champions because they compete with everyone just like boxers.....how is the world series a world series when they only compete with other teams around the U.S?.....unless they changed and currently do.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  I just find it boring and can't see why here in the states baseball is so popular and soccer isn't when it is in actuality the most popular sport in the world....its a legit question, also soccer teams can legitimately call themselves world champions because they compete with everyone just like boxers.....how is the world series a world series when they only compete with other teams around the U.S?.....unless they changed and currently do.
                  Well the best players in the world come to the US and play in the Majors. Really only the Cubans don't come over and that's because they can't. Even then they defect and get into the Majors. Really all the other leagues are either used for player development or players just want to keep playing. Or in Japan players go over their because they couldn't make it with an MLB organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                    Baseball is a tough, tough, tough sport. You can understand why people don't like it, it's hard to be good at it. In 106 years of MLB, only 202 former Major Leaguers have made it to the Hall Of Fame. You said you have played it, and I also have played it, so we both know how hard it is to compete in baseball.
                    No doubt Kevin. IMO the hardest out of the big three in the US (football, basketball and baseball) to make it professionally, well at least get to play for the big club. As technically the minor leaguers are considered professional.

Comment

I disagree with the comment about you don't like it because you either havent tried it or tried it and sucked.. I tried it as a freshmen and quit after three days.. After those three days the coach wanted to know why I quit, because he was really planning on starting me in the outfied..

My whole high school career after, i played football, basketball, and track. I threw javelin, and won a state title, and he would always ask me just to come pitch.. Just pitch and that's it, don't even need to practice everyday.. LOL, sorry no.

Comment

Working...
                      X