Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you take a step when weaving under a hook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you take a step when weaving under a hook?

do you? it gives you a better angle.

If you duck by taking a step into your opponent from the side, you can then throw a hook to the body and then a hook to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
      If you duck by taking a step into your opponent from the side, you can then throw a hook to the body and then a hook to the head.
      like he said. it too. i usually have a good base stance so i could bob under the hook fine without having to step but depending on the situation i think majority of the time i would do a little 45 degree hop forward and throw a 45 degree uppercut/hook to the body.

Comment

yeah, body is wide open and your in perfect position to hook it.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
          do you? it gives you a better angle.
          For me, taking that lil bit of step to the side I become even less of a target rather than making the guy miss and I'm still standing in the same spot.

But, as far as giving me a better angle to place my counter, ****, if you make your opponent miss, whether you took that step to the side or not, his side where he threw the punch from will be exposed regardless, and it's there for the taking.

Comment

I just duck under fast and counter with mine.

Comment

Squat down, duck a bit, transfer my weight to the right foot and counter with the overhand right.

Comment

It completely depends on the context, but yes, it's a great idea to get into the habit of. Stepping out, or to the side not only lessons the chance of you getting caught with a follow up shot but it sets you up into position for any number of counter shots that have him open. Right to the body, left uppercut, right over the top, left to the body if you slide to the right, jab to the stomach if you slide backward then you can come back in with your own combo....etc etc blah blah.

Comment

you can step in then quickly pivot off your lead foot, this is called weave pivot.

you can also weave then pull with your power leg this is called weave pull.

this gives you better angle and it also turns your opponents on the inside, quickly follow with a combination.

Comment

ducking is slipping?

Comment

Working...
                    X