Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Have Double Standards Between Pure "Boxing" Prospects and "Pressure"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Have Double Standards Between Pure "Boxing" Prospects and "Pressure"

Prospects?

When a guy who is a in your face fighter, with some other skills or not, if they step up in lose it's always, he wasa bum, he got exposed.

When a pure boxer steps up and gets equally dismantled, it's oh he got skills, he will be back, etc etc.

Perfect example is Gary Russel Jr recently.

Of course their are some exceptions, but this seems to be the rule.

It should really be the other way around. A puncher/pressure fighter is always a couple punches from winning, while a boxer who just gets outclassed all night is a total self-reinvention away from a winning.

Comment

are you saying gary russell is a pure boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        are you saying gary russell is a pure boxer?
        Not at all, but he's certainly not a pressure fighter. He was reduced to one against Loma, and we saw what happened. Thoroughly dismantled, oh but he got speed, he got skills, he be back doe.

I should have widened the range of the thread between both sides.

Comment

Gary Russell isn't even a pure boxer.

And everybody was saying Alexander got exposed when he lost to Kotelnik and Bradley.

Everybody said Lara got exposed despite beating Angulo

This double standard doesn't exist

Comment

One example is why face first brawlers are considered one dimensional but pure boxers who can only fight off the back foot countering aren't viewed the same despite being one dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

And everybody was saying Alexander got exposed when he lost to Kotelnik and Bradley.

Of course it does, queer.

Comment

Yea, people just pick one example and start generalizing. The only one I recall saying Russell Jr will be back was 4Corners cause he made a thread (which I didnt even read).

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
                  Of course it does, queer.
                  Problem is your using the term pure boxer to describe something else. Nice try though.

Comment

Problem is your using the term pure boxer to describe something else. Nice try though.
                    I know, I ****ed up the title from the get go. I give up.

I will add that it's not just prospects. Proven pressure fighters lose once and they are labled exposed. Maidana lost to Alexander and people still ride that loss on him after the Broner win and Mayweather fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X