Canelo - An example to ALL boxers - giving the bird to the WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da boxer View Post
    no ts. No.

You are being fooled by the "smoke and mirrors" put on by gbp.

They are not making it a tittle fight so canelo can come in over the 154lb limit. That is the sole reason.

They want to make this fight at 155-156lb so canelo could have an even larger weight advantage. Dude overgrew the 54 div, and don't want to move to 60 where he'll get his azz handled over to him. So, as always he will continue to get the size advantage just like he did through his career.

He was "given" a tittle over an undersized opponent, and all the rest of his victories are over undersized opponents.

Stop supporting the fraud. Stop supporting the hyperjob.

This guy had the chance to make a great fight by making the 154lb limit, instead, chooses to bypass it and cheat the scales.

#hypejob
    Originally posted by bucktoothed View Post
    i recall floyd mayweather doing the same thing with mosley's wba ww belt... And he didn't fight him on some gay 148 pounds catchweight.
    He truly gave the wba the bird as opposed to using it to justify yet another catchweight.
    exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Like someone said... Smoke and mirrors.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
        Deciding not to pay the WBA sanction fee to make the Lara fight a 'world title fight' because he recognises Mayweather as the legit WBA champion.

I fully endorse that, great work, Canelo.

Scott Quigg - take note. You're NOT a world champion, Rigo is.

This applies to any other fighters.

I hope more take Canelo's stance and refuse to line the pockets of these vile corrupt cnuts.
        Didn't Mayweather declined to take Mosley's WBA title too? we don't need to praise him as an example lol

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
          No TS. NO.

You are being fooled by the "smoke and mirrors" put on by GBP.

They are NOT making it a tittle fight so Canelo can come in OVER the 154lb limit. That is the sole reason.

They want to make this fight at 155-156lb so Canelo could have an even larger weight advantage. Dude overgrew the 54 div, and don't want to move to 60 where he'll get his azz handled over to him. So, as always he will continue to get the size advantage just like he did through his career.

He was "given" a tittle over an undersized opponent, and all the rest of his victories are over undersized opponents.

This guy had the chance to make a great fight by making the 154lb limit, instead, chooses to bypass it and cheat the scales.

#hypejob
          I agree you should get a petition started to make sure all fights, especially championship fights, are fought at the full weight limit. We as fans deserved more.

#weightjustice

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
            No TS. NO.

You are being fooled by the "smoke and mirrors" put on by GBP.

They are NOT making it a tittle fight so Canelo can come in OVER the 154lb limit. That is the sole reason.

They want to make this fight at 155-156lb so Canelo could have an even larger weight advantage. Dude overgrew the 54 div, and don't want to move to 60 where he'll get his azz handled over to him. So, as always he will continue to get the size advantage just like he did through his career.

#hypejob
            Relax... EVERY up and coming boxer does this.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
              I recall Floyd Mayweather doing the same thing with Mosley's WBA WW belt... and he didn't fight him on some gay 148 pounds catchweight.
              He truly gave the WBA the bird as opposed to using it to justify yet another catchweight.
              Espinoza said +/- 1 pound at 154.....come on, we all know what that means

Comment

Canelo cant make 154.

This will technically be his 2nd fight at middleweight.

We all know who the real WBA champ @light-middleweight, until they strip him of the belt the wba (regular) championship is a joke and shouldnt be recognized

Comment

Deciding not to pay the WBA sanction fee to make the Lara fight a 'world title fight' because he recognises Mayweather as the legit WBA champion.

I hope more take Canelo's stance and refuse to line the pockets of these vile corrupt cnuts.
                  Why is Floyd considered the champion still?? He's not going to defend it. WBA just shot themselves in the foot for keeping Floyd the champion.

Comment

Belts do help a bunch of guys, if you need evidence look at last weekend's under card. The one guy who held a strap made damn near what the other 5 guys did combined. So for most guys that is something meaningful to have, and even with Lara even though they aren't fighting for the belt him having it helped him secure this fight because it adds to his credibility.

Canelo does not need belts though, or pay for them unless he want it, and it does give him added flexibility. Plus I assume the WBC is the one Canelo wants to sanction the fight, so why bring in another entity for no reason, to get double the punishment if he messes up on weight.

Comment

I think Canelo can't make 154 anymore so instead of having it become an issue right before the fight where he looks bad, he is being proactive. I doubt the fight is at 154 so he wont be eligible for the title anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X