Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great news for boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      This is false. I am proof. I am part of the rating, and I DVR'd it for Maidana more than any other boxer on the card. And as luck (?) would have it, that was the best fight. So the undercard had PLENTY to do with it, buddy.
      Did you sign up with NIELSEN? If you weren't part of their study then you aren't part of the ratings. Ratings are determined by a focus group, not by actual people watching. If they could actually monitor ratings it would be a huge intrusion of privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        They spent around 3.5 million dollars on just the purses, and god knows how much on advertising. I've never seen a non ppv fight be advertise like this. Outside in Los Angeles, I don't think I saw a single ad for Chavez vs Martinez while I saw several for Canelo vs Lopez. Overall, they probably spend over 4 million on this fight.

Was it worth it for just 1 million viewers? Seems kind of weak to me.
        It set the new record for Showsports, so yeah, I guess they liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          you can cry me a river but my perception won't change

canelo-lopez was a joke of a fight and i won't tune in to see a fight like that. if you're thrilled for that fight then feel free to form your own opinion.
          im not justifing the fight im justifing the numbers. that dude was trying to say people tuned in for the undercards. i know gbp is protecting canelo. i never said they werent but canelos 22 and hes not running gbp hes just doing his job. fighthing whoever they put in front of him. i still consider him a prospect with a title. now he looks like hes ready to become a contender so hes has to start fighting the top guys. he says hes ready so ill wait and see what gbp does.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-blow
            Well the undercard was'nt promoted on any shows anywhere so it's kind of hard to believe that over a million hard core boxing fans only tuned in to watch the Showtime undercard. The reason I say that is because only hard core fans would know who the undercard fighters are. Seeing as how there was a PPV that alot of hardcore fans wanted to see at the same time. It would've been hard for those fans to watch both shows at the same exact time. Canelo drew the crowd and the tv viewers realise that.
            Dont waist your breathe on that clown. Everybody in their right mind knows that over a million people watched the fight to see Ponce de Leon. Canelo was just lucky to be on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-blow
              Well the undercard was'nt promoted on any shows anywhere so it's kind of hard to believe that over a million hard core boxing fans only tuned in to watch the Showtime undercard. The reason I say that is because only hard core fans would know who the undercard fighters are. Seeing as how there was a PPV that alot of hardcore fans wanted to see at the same time. It would've been hard for those fans to watch both shows at the same exact time. Canelo drew the crowd and the tv viewers realise that.
              where im from no one even knows who canelo is, not a whole lot of boxing fans here but even the ones who watch or have at least seen him on a card once or twice quickly forget who he is even my mexican friends, i always try to remind them of his past fights and they still have a hard time remembering lol he still has a long way to go to be truly KNOWN

Comment

I enjoyed Leo Santa Cruz. Morel took some good shots, lots of hooks to the liver, but Leo doesn't look like a one punch artist. Morel, being very experienced, gave up the lost cause without checking Leo. I give Leo a B for doing what he was supposed to do. Mares next?

Comment

Originally posted by tdub2222 View Post
                  where im from no one even knows who canelo is, not a whole lot of boxing fans here but even the ones who watch or have at least seen him on a card once or twice quickly forget who he is even my mexican friends, i always try to remind them of his past fights and they still have a hard time remembering lol he still has a long way to go to be truly KNOWN
                  I have to agree. My female co-workers, who don't follow boxing, but have tuned in to watch the big fights, including Mayweather's, do not recall ever seeing Canelo fight, except for last Saturday night.

Comment

Last edited by edgarg; 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                      Ya a million viewers tuned into see Maidana vs Soto Whatevadafuc LMAO. Nice try guy.
                      its too funny isnt it? what hate causes, ghey wont accept canelo is a draw, he was a draw with hbo too, or was that the undercard too? lol too funny, haters will always hate, im sure one million people tuned in to watch maidana lol...everyone i know kept asking about the canelo fight, nobody said lets watch santa cruz fight or maidana fight, imagine how many more if chavez wouldnt be fighting that night?

Comment

Working...
                      X