Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgos vs. Hasegawa at 126 for the vacant WBC title...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgos vs. Hasegawa at 126 for the vacant WBC title...

According to the site that reports the news about fights.

Why in the hell is Hasegawa moving up two weight divisions to fight a young, strong, undefeated fighter? I don't see this going well, and unless he moves back down, his days as anything more than an opponent are probably over.

he was too big for Bantamweight I guess 122 is his natural weight he should at least have one fight their imo

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post

Why in the hell is Hasegawa moving up two weight divisions to fight a young, strong, undefeated fighter? I don't see this going well, and unless he moves back down, his days as anything more than an opponent are probably over.
      Because it's become increasingly difficult for him to make 118. He actually contemplated moving up to 126 after his fight with Perez in December of 2009, but decided to stay at 118.

He often reaches around 140 pounds in between fights.

Comment

He must have had severe weight issues that he never spoke of. This isn't like jumping from 130 to 147 over a decade like Mayweather (7 and 1/2 % gain in body weight), 160 to 175 like Hopkins (10+% gain in body weight) or 175 to 215 like Adamek (4+% gain in body weight). Hozumi will be gaining nearly 15% of his body weight in this move. To say the least, I would be guessing he was struggling badly with weight.

Comment

It's just strange to me that he skipped 122. I mean, if he was dying to make 118, and it was so drastic that he is skipping 122, it seems like he would have jumped to 122 earlier.

Comment

Good for him. Screw boxing politics and these bull**** weight classes. It used to be bantamweight then featherweight, and that's the way it should be now.

10 defenses of the WBC belt at 118 over 5+ years.
            He's fought a handful of non-title fights at 122.
            Now he's taking a gamble and choosing to fight. Good for him. Hopefully he puts in 10 defenses at 126 as well. Exciting fighter.

Comment

It's just strange to me that he skipped 122. I mean, if he was dying to make 118, and it was so drastic that he is skipping 122, it seems like he would have jumped to 122 earlier.
              I had read that one of his reasons for staying at 118 for so long is that he wanted to break Yoko Gushiken's record of title defenses for a Japanese fighter (he had 13 or so, not sure).

He's been at the weight since he was 18, you'd think this move would've happened earlier as you said. He and his people probably feel going down to 122 would still be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                Because it's become increasingly difficult for him to make 118. He actually contemplated moving up to 126 after his fight with Perez in December of 2009, but decided to stay at 118.

He often reaches around 140 pounds in between fights.
                This one makes sense, walking around at 140 and fighting at 118 is a quite difficult as one ages.

Comment

I would like to see this fight I want see how hasegawa come back from the loss and if he would still have that power in 126. make it happen

Comment

Where's F l i c k e r?

Comment

Working...
                    X