Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm watching the NFL on CBS, lots of ads for "The One"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The promotion has been nearly flawless, imo. Kudos to Richard Schaefer and Mayweather Promotions, Showtime/CBS, etc...

but how many people are going to be swayed and actually go and order the fight because of the spots on CBS, etc? I could see 100 UFC commercials and still not be motivated to go and buy it or even watch it, because UFC just doesn't interest me. I think that is kind of the story with the mainstream and Boxing these days. Imo, this is a huge fight, but not Oscar vs. Floyd big, or Tyson in his heyday big, or SRL vs. Hearn or Hagler, etc. In other words, those fights crossed over whereas I'm not so sure this fight will.

May vs. Pac is the only fight out there that will bring the mainstream audience and beat Oscar vs. Floyd, imo.

This fight will do 1.75 - 2 million buys which is huge, but the hopes for a ppv unit record being broke is a pipedream, imo. Due to the higher HD cost, this does have a chance at beating the all time revenue record however.

Comment

@jimboinbigd, I think for the most part your right. But also remember that a lot of people watching the first weekend of NFL football are also the type of people that will buy a UFC event or mega Boxing PPV fight. If anything its a nice reminder to lock down your fight night plans for next Saturday.
      The fact that your posting on this board shows your a fight fan and don't need to be convinced. There are tons of of other people though that may not have realized the fight was next weekend or had their plans made yet. A lot of these things come together at the last minute so its good their are advertising the **** out of this thing now...

Comment

2m buys breaks the revenue record.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Funny thing is the only recent knockout footage they can show for Floyd is the Ortiz sucker punch!!!!
          But thats a dope azz highlight. Whether you liked that KO or not, its VICIOUS to have that on a highlight reel. I actually see all the youtubers place an emphasis on that clip everytime they add it to their highlight vids.

Comment

Working...
          X