Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Lights Out" Star Holt McCallany is Down, But Not Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent TV shows get canceled all the time, a pity this happened to a good show.

Comment

This was to boxing what Playmakers was to football. They took every negative thing that could happen in boxing and had it all happen to one guy. I liked the show and tuned in every week, but after awhile I thought they went a bit overboard. In the final episode when they had the corrupt referee it was too much for me. It's insulting to every ref in the game, no ref who is tenured enough to get a heavyweight world title assignment would let Death Row take the beating he took in the TV show.

Having said that I'm a fan of Holt McCallany and I liked the characters. If the show got picked up somewhere else I'd watch. But I'd hope it would be a little more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by DTanc View Post
        This was to boxing what Playmakers was to football. They took every negative thing that could happen in boxing and had it all happen to one guy. I liked the show and tuned in every week, but after awhile I thought they went a bit overboard. In the final episode when they had the corrupt referee it was too much for me. It's insulting to every ref in the game, no ref who is tenured enough to get a heavyweight world title assignment would let Death Row take the beating he took in the TV show.

Having said that I'm a fan of Holt McCallany and I liked the characters. If the show got picked up somewhere else I'd watch. But I'd hope it would be a little more realistic.

Actually, I thought that was one of the more accurate events in the whole series. I even looked over to the person I watched it with and said "I guess they got a California ref for the fight". lol

Comment

I think AMC would've hyped it better. Paulie was on the previous episode before the season Finale.

Comment

Lights Out surpassed my expectations. It's a show about a boxer, so I knew I would be drawn to it, but I didn't think I would have enjoyed it as much as I did.

Hopefully another network does pick it up, but I won't hold my breath.

The show had a lot of potential to carry on for at least another two seasons.

Comment

Holt McCallany has trained for a few years. he should sign up with lou dibella, beat up on eurobum goat farmers, and be #1 P4P in no time!

Comment

Hope they puit the show on dvd. I want to see that fight again.

Comment

Working...
                X