Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How successful will Canelo be against the top middleweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to tell.

On the one hand, Canelo struggles against slick boxer types, and as far as I'm aware, there are no world class slickters at MW.

On the other, MWs are of course bigger, stronger, tougher and more powerful than the competition he has faced so far.

I would say if his power carries up well and if he can take the one shot power of a middleweight puncher, he will do well at the weight.

One thing is for sure: with the SHO/HBO cold war still going on, he won't have to worry about GGG anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinkyokushin92 View Post
      What are your thoughts on how well Canelo will do against top middleweight fighters e.g. Golovkin, Geale, Soliman, Cotto, Murray …..

I personally believe he will struggle. I don't think he has the power, speed or technical ability to outclass any of them.
      I reckon Cotto and GGG both beat Canelo at any weight....he might have a bit of a chance against Geale but Geale is a good sized middleweight and size always matters.

If Barker ever came back, Canelo would batter him to the body, he probably beats Rosado, Soliman.

Two fights that are very interesting are Canelo v Quillin/Sturm. In fact, what's holding Quillin back from fighting any live guys?

Comment

The one asset I favor with Canelo over Golovkin is the hand speed. I think if he catches punches with a guard on his elbows/gloves and fires back if he can catch Golovkin dropping his hands we might have something.

Comment

I think he could beat all of them except for ggg... Ggg would brutalize canelo.. Cotto also has a good chance to beat canelo..

I think canelo can beat quillen, geale, Solimon, etc

Comment

I think he got good chances against pretty much everyone not named Gennady Golovkin.

Comment

Canelo IS a middleweight who just doesn't fight at middleweight...No different than Chavez jr who's truly a light heavy fighting at super middle...Can't do nothing but respect Nelo for asking for toughest fights available, but when he fights a real middleweight, he won't have any size or power advantages and he isn't some skilled boxer who can adjust to different styles so I think it's in his best interest stay where he is.

Comment

How would Canelo-Thurman go at 154?

Comment

Working...
                X