No announcement yet.

Mavericks offseason so for=fail.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavericks offseason so for=fail.

Im not impressed. I know they were likely to lose Barrea, but it looks lkke they could have kept him. They also needed chandler's size and rebounding.

I'll shi t my pants if they repeat.

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Im not impressed. I know they were likely to lose Barrea, but it looks lkke they could have kept him. They also needed chandler's size and rebounding.

I'll shi t my pants if they repeat.
    As we have seen lately repeat isnt easy nor do I think they have all the pieces to do so, but who knows I know I didnt pick them last year its a crazy game tbh i'd like to see OKC make a run this year good young team...

Comment

they're not repeating...they just got hot last year...

Comment

Fail? I disagree. This time last Thursday would've been different. They had lost Butler, talks about Chandler were going crazy and they were simply prepping for next summer's free agents. Once they saw all the cluster**** with D12 and CP3, they quickly made their moves.

Unlike Nash a few seasons ago, they got something in return for Chandler. $12 million in trade exception and a bench player. What made this move was them using that money to get Odom using NY's trade exception money. The Vince Carter move is eh, but he might be able to give them 8-13 ppg this season. They added delonte west and Rudy Fernandez is finally getting his visa fiasco taken care of. They lost key pieces, but still made moves to keep their strength - which was their depth - last season

Kidd
        Rudy Fernandez
        Marion
        Dirk
        Haywood
        Roddy B.
        Jason Terry
        Vince Carter
        Odom
        Delonte West

and enough money to still be a player next summer. and repeating as champs is very difficult,.. ask the spurs

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          Fail? I disagree. This time last Thursday would've been different. They had lost Butler, talks about Chandler were going crazy and they were simply prepping for next summer's free agents. Once they saw all the cluster**** with D12 and CP3, they quickly made their moves.

Unlike Nash a few seasons ago, they got something in return for Chandler. $12 million in trade exception and a bench player. What made this move was them using that money to get Odom using NY's trade exception money. The Vince Carter move is eh, but he might be able to give them 8-13 ppg this season. They added delonte west and Rudy Fernandez is finally getting his visa fiasco taken care of. They lost key pieces, but still made moves to keep their strength - which was their depth - last season

Kidd
          Rudy Fernandez
          Marion
          Dirk
          Haywood
          Roddy B.
          Jason Terry
          Vince Carter
          Odom
          Delonte West

and enough money to still be a player next summer. and repeating as champs is very difficult,.. ask the spurs

yea, that $12mil TPE is now about $3mil...the $9mil went back to the Lakers...so if there ever was a chance to go after D12 or any major star, Cuban wont be able to outbid the Lakers...that's why Mitch sent LO there

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            yea, that $12mil TPE is now about $3mil...the $9mil went back to the Lakers...so if there ever was a chance to go after D12 or any major star, Cuban wont be able to outbid the Lakers...that's why Mitch sent LO there
            and that's why Cuban is shopping Corey Brewer and only signed West to a 1 year deal. Dwight to la is a given. The Mavs are set on D.Will next summer

Comment

Ya it bothered me that they didn't sign chandler but they got odom.

They still have some nice pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post

Kidd
                Rudy Fernandez
                Marion
                Dirk
                Haywood
                Roddy B.
                Jason Terry
                Vince Carter
                Odom
                Delonte West

making hasty moves to counter an opponent isn't the way to stay on top

maaaaaaybe between rudy and delonte, you can get someone who can control the game and get to the rim like barrea did last yr.

but as soon as haywood gets in to foul trouble, the mavs are donzo. no shot blocker at all now, some tall guys yes, but no inside shot blocker with a presence. very very little toughness inside.

they don't need a vince carter to get them points during the regular season, they need dudes who are gonna win playoff games for you in the playoffs, dudes with mental toughness. two traits non existent with princess carter.

the 12 milly is used up, for odom for some reason.

i like the mavs, don't like their offseason. i was listening to carlise on rome and I could just hear in his voice that they are full of ish about being excited with these moves. it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  making hasty moves to counter an opponent isn't the way to stay on top

maaaaaaybe between rudy and delonte, you can get someone who can control the game and get to the rim like barrea did last yr.

but as soon as haywood gets in to foul trouble, the mavs are donzo. no shot blocker at all now, some tall guys yes, but no inside shot blocker with a presence. very very little toughness inside.

they don't need a vince carter to get them points during the regular season, they need dudes who are gonna win playoff games for you in the playoffs, dudes with mental toughness. two traits non existent with princess carter.

the 12 milly is used up, for odom for some reason.

i like the mavs, don't like their offseason. i was listening to carlise on rome and I could just hear in his voice that they are full of ish about being excited with these moves. it doesn't make sense.
                  It goes beyond this season. They could've lost Chandler for nothing but managed to get $12 million out of it. As far as Odom goes, he wanted out of LA. The Mavs used 8.3 mil and still have some cash left over. Terry and Kidd are in their final year of their contracts so that's 18+ mil you're not spending next season.

Brewer is being shopped and I just read they might buy out Fernandez's contract cause he rather be in Spain because of the Delonte signing. They have depth but I do agree they need another big. I'm not as upset, worried or befuddled like I was last week when they had none of these guys at all.

I like the possible 4th quarter lineup of Kidd, Terry, Marion, Odom and Dirk. they'll cause a fair share of mismatches

Comment

don't worry, you guys still have Haywood. And Barea wasn't as much of a factor as you think. Plus you guys added Odom who can play SF, PF and even play Center if needed. Which is good for the Mavs when Nowitzki is on the bench at least they have a legit backup instead of a Brian Cardinal.

I think the Mavs have actually improved.

Comment

Working...
                    X