Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Haye correct when he calls Vitali "Boente's Puppet"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    How many of either brothers recent voluntary opponents deserved a title shot? How many of those have even beat anyone that was close to Chisoras level?
    That's irrelevant.

If Haye wants a title shot, he has to earn it. He took the soft route to a Klitschko before; now he has to take a trickier road.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I agree with all of this. But the question remains...what did Charr, Chisora, Solis, Briggs or Sosnowski do to earn shots? Fighters SHOULD have to earn their way to a big fight for a ABC trinket, but the standards dhould be the same for everyone. If those guys got their shot than why not Haye?
      But you can't make an argument in the way that Haye should be granted a chance because other 'undeserving' guys got it before him.

In the sense, Haye already had his chances to win the belt(s). He won it once (against Valuev) and lost it to Wlad. Looking at his activity level one can't really justify he is getting so many chances while fighting less than once per year.

Saying this - it is up to Vitali and what he wants. One should not have a problem if Vitali gives that chance to someone else. Charr was one of the most unattractive guys to fight out there. But now most people would say that Haye-Charr is legit fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        But you can't make an argument in the way that Haye should be granted a chance because other 'undeserving' guys got it before him.

In the sense, Haye already had his chances to win the belt(s). He won it once (against Valuev) and lost it to Wlad. Looking at his activity level one can't really justify he is getting so many chances while fighting less than once per year.

Saying this - it is up to Vitali and what he wants. One should not have a problem if Vitali gives that chance to someone else. Charr was one of the most unattractive guys to fight out there. But now most people would say that Haye-Charr is legit fight.
        Exactly. Haye had his chances, he could have fought both brothers already. He simply wants to wait until they get older, and then try again. It's so obvious it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Haye, being the coward he is, wants to fight Vitali when he's 45 yrs old.
          so why is he calling him out when he is 41?

Is he looking for a 5 year deferrement clause in his fight contract lol?

Comment

exactly, you can only justifiably make an argument that the Klits pick crap opponents for title defences.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              so why is he calling him out when he is 41?

Is he looking for a 5 year deferrement clause in his fight contract lol?
              He won't be fighting Vitali for now. So if Vitali doesn't retire, we'll have to wait some time.

Comment

He won't be fighting Vitali for now. So if Vitali doesn't retire, we'll have to wait some time.

by some time you mean wait forever, not till hes 45.

either he fights him soon or he doesn't, I understand that's what Haye wants. Clearly and blatantly Haye does not want to wait till Vitali is either 45 or wait forever. SO I was wondering what reason you have for saying it, but you've not given the reason yet.
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 03-30-2013, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  by some time you mean wait forever, not till hes 45.

either he fights him soon or he doesn't, I understand that's what Haye wants. Clearly and blatantly Haye does not want to wait till Vitali is either 45 or wait forever. SO I was wondering what reason you have for saying it, but you've not given the reason yet.
                  THe point is that Haye keeps buying his time, in order for Vitali to slow down so much that Haye can beat him.That's clearly what he's been doing ever since he ducked Vitali the first time in 2009.

Comment

THe point is that Haye keeps buying his time, in order for Vitali to slow down so much that Haye can beat him.That's clearly what he's been doing ever since he ducked Vitali the first time in 2009.
                    I dotn know about that history, but I am aware that Vitali has just said publically ' Haye will have to wait'. He hasn't said 'Haye will have to wait because he asked me nicely if I would fake a postponement on a decision.'

Meaning currently Vitali is clearly and blatantly making Haye wait, the direct opposite of what you claim. Why are you claiming the direct opposite of what is happening?

Comment

I'm not arguing Haye should be allowed to fight Vittles because many other undeserving fighters got their chance at his paper title. I'm arguing their shouldn't be a set of double standards about it. And so what about Haye having fought Valuev and Wlad. THEY...ARE...NOT...THE...SAME...FIGHTER...AS...VIT ALY! And of course you can justify the fight when you look at the comp Vits has been fighting the last several years.

Comment

Working...
                      X