Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Imam apparently got TKO'd - What the hell happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granados didn't get dropped that hard imo. He walked into a 1-2 while throwing, but bounced right back up and wasn't on wobbly legs. Imam seemed a bit too arrogant in the beginning, throwing the jab from the waist and making no use of the high guard. He fought 80% of the time in close-range where Granados just completely outworked and overwhelmed him. This was easily his worse performance as his power only lasted for 2 rounds and he was getting hit with almost everything. I suspect he didn't make weight well because it was evident from round 3 that he was gonna have a very rough night. Granados maintained a steady work-rate and drowned Imam.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 11-28-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      The plight of a puncher.
      I guess his defense is to punch guys so hard they don't want to come inside and then he picks them off from a distance, but that **** didn't happen and he was a deer in the headlights. Didnt hold, didnt roll with the punches, got hit CLEAN with EVERYTHING. Granados couldn't miss.

Imam needs a new trainer and to take a step back.

Comment

Man what a fight, definitely my pick for FOTY.

I'm a big fan of both guys, especially Imam, I still believe he'll go on to become the top dog at 140 but he really needs to use his feet more. He fought in the pocket the whole fight and Granados is one of the best inside fighters around.

I did say Granados is no joke, people look at his record and just dismiss him but all his losses have been against top fighters in close fights. Most people think he beat Solomon on the Floyd vs Pac undercard (fight wasn't televised), he's fought all comers and hasn't had the luxury of cherry picking, don't let his record fool you.

Anyway big credit to both guys, I would love to see a rematch. WAR IMAM, WAR GRANADOS!

Comment

Sky Sports 1 just started the replay of the fight, currently in round two

Comment

Maybe Granados is better than initially thought? His record isn't pretty, he has 4 losses. But they're either MD's or SD's. He's faced some good prospects like Felix Diaz and Frankie Gomez.

Still, this is a pretty devastating loss for Imam. I'm watching the fight now on skysports stream.

Comment

Maybe Granados is better than initially thought? His record isn't pretty, he has 4 losses. But they're either MD's or SD's. He's faced some good prospects like Felix Diaz and Frankie Gomez.

Still, this is a pretty devastating loss for Imam. I'm watching the fight now on skysports stream.
              Granados used to spar with Juan Manuel Marquez.

So Imam faced the best guy he faced, but Granados had been in with better.

Comment

Him and his team pick the wrong tune up fight , Spence turndown Aaron Martinez for today that was the right move

Last edited by 285Kid; 11-28-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Petty sure he had a number of fights on Shobox, those guys get matched tough usually. Gotta respect those guys

Comment

He got gassed out in a war... Grandos was throwing hundred punches a round and basically looked like Juan Luis Castillo after a few rounds,,,

Iman has all the tools, but his glaring flaw is lack of ring generalship... He easily got dragged into a war in deep waters and drowned

Comment

Damn. I had no idea Sho was airing this fight

Comment

Working...
                      X