Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn vs Joe Calzaghe Prime 4 Prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Benn vs Joe Calzaghe Prime 4 Prime?

Who do think would of won a fight between a 1995 Nigel Benn who beat McClellan at his prime and Joe Calzaghe who beat Jeff Lacy at his prime? Would of been a great match up.

your right it would have been a hell of a match up

id pick calzaghe to win a close and hard fought decision

i could really imagine them tearing into each other though

Comment

Benn.

Am I biased? Absolutely. Would I change? Absolutely not.

Comment

calzaghe

(no racist)

Comment

Listen,how many losses do I have again? Oh,that's right,None!

Listen,at the end of the day,I'm undefeated.I've never lost a fight.

Did you see what I did to Chris Eubank? Eubank also beat benn which means that benn,like Eubank wouldn't have stood a chance against me,isn't it?

benn even admitted that I would have spanked him like all the previous yanks who thought they had it.

Comment

Woulda been a good scrap, for sure. I think Calzaghe outworks him to a UD.

Comment

I go for Calzaghe by points in a hard fought fight of the year type contest.

I'd argue that while Benn's best victory was against McClellan, I wouldn't say that 1995 was Benn's peak. I think he was closer to his peak circa 1992-93. Others might argue that his peak came in the late 80s as a middleweight against the likes of DeWitt and Berkeley.

Comment

if Sugar Boy Malinga could dish-out a boxing lesson to Benn then Calzaghe would most proberbly win via late TKO

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  if Sugar Boy Malinga could dish-out a boxing lesson to Benn then Calzaghe would most proberbly win via late TKO
                  I would go with Calzaghe by ud..

Comment

Malinga outpointed the 'post McClellan' Benn.

Remember that in 1992 Benn outpointed Malinga first when Benn was closer to his prime.

Comment

Working...
                    X