Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto at his peak. Would you consider him a GREAT fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah,but he's a good fighter aslong as he's not fighting prime elite competition

Comment

To be honest. I don't truly count any of his fights post Margarito fight. If you saw the Luis Resto documentary, you realize how got damn tough Cotto is for even continuing to be among the best in boxing.

Comment

Not understanding some of the threads here on Boxingscene, a similar thread was made yesterday on whether Martinez was a great fighter, great fighters don't come that often. I would consider both Martinez and Cotto to be very good fighters in their prime.

Comment

I would consider Miguel Cotto in his prime a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            Not understanding some of the threads here on Boxingscene, a similar thread was made yesterday on whether Martinez was a great fighter, great fighters don't come that often. I would consider both Martinez and Cotto to be very good fighters in their prime.
            You're right, but I take the word "great" in these threads to mean something other than "ATG". I mean, I think Cotto, at his utmost best, approached greatness. But I don't mean "greatness" in the sense of "Sugar" Ray Robinson, Ali or Armstrong. It's all relative.

Comment

Good fighter, who fought some great fighters... but lost. He needed a big defining win over someone like that to be considered great. He'll be remember well, and he is a big name in the sport, though he's not a 1st ballot hof tbh.

Comment

Yes, he was and still is a great fighter. How Cotto is not considered a "great" fighter is beyond me...........but that IS just me.

Comment

he should have lost to mosley and he cheated against judah. hes no trinidad

Comment

Cotto will be remembered as a very good fighter who had decent wins against good fighters.

Comment

No way, doesn't even come close in my book.

Comment

Working...
                      X