No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya: "Manny Pacquiao was the most difficult opponent I faced"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i think he knocks manny out without a ton of fuss. he had the counterpucnhing skills, the jab, the size, the chin, everything. the big issue would be the size. oscar was freaking enormous at 135. i don't know if manny could hurt him, but i know he could hurt manny.

his only issue is that he was a primarily one handed fighter. his left hook doesn't have great angles to land on a southpaw, and manny used terrific footwork and angles.
    That right there is the reason why I disagree with you. Barrera, Cotto could not mess with pac because they had no right hand and relied heavily on their left hand. All 3 of them are natural righties and would all get brutalized by pac at any point in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Am I the only one who thought Oscar seemed a little off? I thought it was a very weird interview when I watched it live
      Oh you mean that Oscar seemed much happier than he should be? I honestly think he was just in a good mood and Teddy Atlas seemed to be too pessimistic. Hell he seemed bored/uninterested the whole time.

Comment

pacquiao was a Tasmanian devil that night. he was lightning fast and just swarming oscar from all angles.

a great performance from pac and glad to see a great legend like oscar keeping it real.

Comment

They got the FOTD right. Clottey would probably say the same as well. Morales and Barrera were pretty impressed with the beatings Pac gave them as well. As was Miguel Cotto.
          Hatton wasn't totally convinced though as Pac didn't give him enough time to see how good Pac was.

Comment

lol Oscar just trying to break the cold war, i remember him saying he was weight drained blah blah...but he really doesnt say anything bad about Pacquiao though.

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
              lol Oscar just trying to break the cold war, i remember him saying he was weight drained blah blah...but he really doesnt say anything bad about Pacquiao though.
              He even mention the weight problems in the video clip I posted. But he said that's not an excuse and aside from that manny is a hell of a fighter. I don't know how saying manny is the toughest opponent I faced means, he's "breaking the cold war"?? Wtf is bob 12 year old? lol. Like saying that will make bob jump up In joy or something.

Comment

"good luck with that" lol

Comment

Working...
                X