Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson: how would you compare his opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tyson fought who he could. same thing for wlad, i dont think criticizing wlads resume is fair. its not like he isnt fighting the best opposition he can. fights like rahman only happen because of the ridiculous sanctioning bodies.

Comment

This is what i think. When Tyson was a kid (pre-prison) he was fighting characters who were climbing the ranks like himself. They were nobodies at the time, just like Tyson, but Tyson had dynamite. He was explosive and erupted on his opponets with savagery and menacing speed. That's what set him apart from the rest.

His "Handlers" knew what they had. They had an intense young kid who had the bad breaks in life with psychological set-backs. And they had the golden ticket.

Tyson in his early years, when he was 19, he was knocking out 30 year olds. During the 80's Tyson would have lost to seasoned veterans in the boxing game. So Tyson's "people" wanted to groom him through the pro's, because he was walking through the amateurs. Even when he failed to bring home the gold from the olympics, rather that he didn't even qualify to get on the team.

Tyson's opponents, when he was a kid, were mere boxers who were on the same mission as Tyson. Tyson just had that killer edge that sets him above the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Tony tucker is very underated, he was in great shape when he fought Tyson, he was 6'6 (huge) quick and had decent pop. He also was very tough. When he was washed up and past it he still went 12 rounds with a Prime Lewis. He also went 12 with Prime Tyson. I'd give him a huge chance of wooping slow ass klitschko.
        slow wlad klit? lol,,sorry dude but he has better hand speed than tucker did and much more power. wise up

Comment

Tony tucker is very underated, he was in great shape when he fought Tyson, he was 6'6 (huge) quick and had decent pop. He also was very tough. When he was washed up and past it he still went 12 rounds with a Prime Lewis. He also went 12 with Prime Tyson. I'd give him a huge chance of wooping slow ass klitschko.
          That is something that I always tell people, that Tony was very underrated. I think he just happened to come along at the worst possible time, because he would certainly be a champion at todays heavyweight division imo. I would give him a chance to beat the Klitschkos and definitely Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
            That is something that I always tell people, that Tony was very underrated. I think he just happened to come along at the worst possible time, because he would certainly be a champion at todays heavyweight division imo. I would give him a chance to beat the Klitschkos and definitely Valuev.
            Absolutely. Also if he had come along today he wouldn't have had that nasty jheri curl.

Comment

Originally posted by BadNewz View Post
              Absolutely. Also if he had come along today he wouldn't have had that nasty jheri curl.
              LOL, its funny because the minute after I sent my reply I had that same thought about his jheri curl.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                Tony Tucker beats both Klitschos? Are you being serious? I can never tell with you.
                dead serious. The Klits only win because everyone else in the heavyweight division is as fat as ****.

One thing I can always tell with you though is you're rampant hate of Tyson. Because he's got nuthuggers he automatically must suck right? Tony Galento beats Tyson right? the 80's randomly was just the worst era ever right?

Comment

dead serious. The Klits only win because everyone else in the heavyweight division is as fat as ****.

One thing I can always tell with you though is you're rampant hate of Tyson. Because he's got nuthuggers he automatically must suck right? Tony Galento beats Tyson right? the 80's randomly was just the worst era ever right?
                  Geez, where do you get this stuff from? Tony Tucker had the most inflated record I've ever seen. He lost every time he stepped up above clubfighter opposition. The 80's was not the worst era, but it contained some of the worst title holders ever. And Tyson used to be one of my favorite fighters and is still in my top 15 ATG HWs. I just don't think he was the best ever like you do and try to hype up his opposition. Even......wait for it........Tony Tucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Oh, he's serious.
                    yo scott is that your girl or sumthing???cause you seem obsessed!!!lol

Comment

Working...
                    X