Gloves keep ripping at the seams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves keep ripping at the seams

Hey ya'll.

I seem to be having problems with my gloves. my first pair of gloves i tore through the seams. I just thought that they were old cause i've had them for a long time.

but then the next pair of gloves that i got, after using them for about 10 times cracks started to appear in the leather near the seam where the fingertips are. same place with my first pair. im starting to think im gripping the gloves too hard with my fingers (if that makes any sense)

what's the possible cause? any solutions? have anyone experienced this as well?

thanks!
    Last edited by Dirt; 05-31-2010, 01:15 AM.

Get a larger glove size. Not ounces but the size.. s/m or l/xl. Some gloves list them, some don't. Gotta find a site or store that lists them.

Comment

Alot of gloves don't come in s/m or l/xl...... Buy a higher quality glove.

Comment

My guess is that you're using lower quality gloves such as Everlast, Title, Century, Lonsdale, etc. Although, as others said, it could be the sizing that is the problem, but I would bank more on the thought of them being a lower quality brand. Not knowing what brands you're using, I can only recommend buying some upper class Ringside, Cleto Reyes, or Professional series Grant gloves. Good luck.

Comment

thanks for the replies. i didnt know gloves come in m/l/xl etc. i only thought it goes by ounces.

well i dont really want to buy expensive gloves because im only boxing for fun. i dont fight in the amateurs or anything. im thinking its when i hit the bag because it wasn't happening when i was hitting the mitts.

i currently have everlast sparring gloves 16oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
            thanks for the replies. i didnt know gloves come in m/l/xl etc. i only thought it goes by ounces.

well i dont really want to buy expensive gloves because im only boxing for fun. i dont fight in the amateurs or anything. im thinking its when i hit the bag because it wasn't happening when i was hitting the mitts.

i currently have everlast sparring gloves 16oz.

Go to the Everlast website. Go to the gloves section, it will show small or large glove sizes right next to the ounces in the drop down bar thing. (ex: 10 oz. small)

Comment

you're better off spending an extra hundred on good gloves as opposed to spending $35 - $40 every time you rip a pair of lesser quality. That's my opinion anyway. Even if you're only training for fun.

Comment

Working...
              X