Watched pt 1 last night.
    What did you think?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      What did you think?
      I liked it. Just started pt 2. They just blew away Vito's mom

Comment

Did any of you read the novel?

When Tom Hagan goes to Los Angeles to talk to Woltz. He meets Woltz on a sound stage, where he's seen giving a hug to a cute child actress. Hagan sets up a dinner meeting with Woltz at Woltz's mansion later that night. The dinner turns unpleasant, with Woltz making his famous line about how Johnny Fontaine will never get that movie, not matter how many "dago guinea wop grease ball goombahs come out of the woodwork!"

As Hagan is leaving the mansion, he pauses by the stairwell and sees the same child actress and her mother on the landing. The child actress's make-up is all smeared, her hair is a mess, her dress is torn and about to come off, and the child is clearly shaken. Her mother is trying to pull the kid together.

Although it's never explicitly stated, the imagery makes it clear that child has been molested by Woltz, with the knowledge and consent of the mother.

The book goes further, and explains that Woltz regularly molested child actresses that worked in his studio, because Wotlz was of an age where only very young females could satisfy him sexually.

When Hagen tells the Don about the girl the Don's response was "Infamita!"

At this point It was not about his Godson Johnny. It was personal. A man of such low moral character dictating to him.

The Don knew that horse was Woltz's prize. He adored his champion horse and want to breed it. You dream of the the colts it might produce making you millions.

You you are safe in your Castle. You have dreams. You have a loyal staff, security, Maids Butlers a driver.

Don Corleone sends the perfect insult!

All your dreams are dependent upon us. We can kill your dreams. We can breach your secure home. We can and will kill all you love. We can get to you too. You aren't safe even though you think you are. You are nothing to us. Obey our wishes or accept the consequences. This is your only warning. This is an offer you cant refuse.

In the novel Woltz realizes he had been drugged in bed! He is horrified that his prize is discarded so easily. The cost of the petty squabble with Johnny Fontane is insignificant compared to his prized horse. And my personal staff most have been with me over 20 years so easily bought?
        Last edited by TJ highway; 05-31-2016, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          LOL it was sweet justice and Michael is such a sav, he sells the whole story about going to Las Vegas but getting to live, and then they take that dudes soul as soon as he gets in the car.

Everytime it gets to that part I have to jump up and give a standing ovation and yell "DAS IT MANE!!!"
          what movies is that gif from?

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
            what movies is that gif from?
            I forgot man, I think it's "Gangs of New York" but I could be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              I forgot man, I think it's "Gangs of New York" but I could be mistaken.
              haha no it's not. im still tryna remember.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

When Tom Hagan goes to Los Angeles to talk to Woltz. He meets Woltz on a sound stage, where he's seen giving a hug to a cute child actress. Hagan sets up a dinner meeting with Woltz at Woltz's mansion later that night. The dinner turns unpleasant, with Woltz making his famous line about how Johnny Fontaine will never get that movie, not matter how many "dago guinea wop grease ball goombahs come out of the woodwork!"

As Hagan is leaving the mansion, he pauses by the stairwell and sees the same child actress and her mother on the landing. The child actress's make-up is all smeared, her hair is a mess, her dress is torn and about to come off, and the child is clearly shaken. Her mother is trying to pull the kid together.

Although it's never explicitly stated, the imagery makes it clear that child has been molested by Woltz, with the knowledge and consent of the mother.

The book goes further, and explains that Woltz regularly molested child actresses that worked in his studio, because Wotlz was of an age where only very young females could satisfy him sexually.

At this point It was not about his Godson Johnny. It was personal. A man of such low moral character dictating to him.

The Don knew that horse was Woltz's prize. He adored his champion horse and want to breed it. You dream of the the colts it might produce making you millions.

You you are safe in your Castle. You have dreams. You have a loyal staff, security, Maids Butlers a driver.

All your dreams are dependent upon us. We can kill your dreams. We can breach your secure home. We can and will kill all you love. We can get to you too. You aren't safe even though you think you are. You are nothing to us. Obey our wishes or accept the consequences. This is your only warning. This is an offer you cant refuse.

In the novel Woltz realizes he had been drugged in bed! He is horrified that his prize is discarded so easily. The cost of the petty squabble with Johnny Fontane is insignificant compared to his prized horse. And my personal staff most have been with me over 20 years so easily bought?
                Good post, I've never read the book. Wonder why they would take that part out the film?

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
                  Good post, I've never read the book. Wonder why they would take that part out the film?
                  I've never read the book, now I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
                    My guess is Godfather was released in 1972. They didn't want us to believe Hollywood was run by a bunch of pedophiles and deralicks of course we know better n 2021.

Comment

wow, never knew that.

I need to get the novel(s)

I marathoned these movies again over the Christmas holidays. Great, great movies. Well part 3, is lol. I usually don't see that one, but this year I did.

Comment

Working...
                      X