No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach vs Micky Ward in 1985/86

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach vs Micky Ward in 1985/86

Hey friends, been a while since I posted here, have been very busy with my website and on Facebook with KO Digest. Also I now have a monthly boxing column in a newspaper. KO Digest is really taking off for me. Anyway, I have been watching the Freddie Roach documentary on HBO and it got me wondering...

Freddie Roach vs Micky Ward in 1985/86, who ya got?

This period is Micky's first and second year as a pro and Freddie's second to last and last. It's a fight that could have happened but never did. In fact, Micky fought on the same card as Freddie's last pro fight in Lowell against David Rivello in 1986.

It's experience vs youth.

This is one of my dream fights.

Comment

They both were in my same CIRCUT. LOWELL MASS NEW ENGLAND GG [I was there three times, '83 the first year lost in finals vs Bob Christakos. The Lowell Sun ran a story top of page one Sports]

Comment

Ward, a true Irish prince would knock this coat tail riding ijit into the middle of next St Patrick's day weekend

Comment

They may have fought in the amateurs, their both from the same state (Mass.) and Region 1. Lowell hosted the Regional golden gloves and Holyoke ran the qualifiers!
          That's their home stomping grounds I think their 4 years apart with Freddy being older.
          I don't remember seeing Freddy in the amateurs but I did see his older brother
          Pepper fight at a smoker in Mass. I saw Mickey a number of times and remember him well.
          Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            They may have fought in the amateurs, their both from the same state (Mass.) and Region 1. Lowell hosted the Regional golden gloves and Holyoke ran the qualifiers!
            That's their home stomping grounds I think their 4 years apart with Freddy being older.
            I don't remember seeing Freddy in the amateurs but I did see his older brother
            Pepper fight at a smoker in Mass. I saw Mickey a number of times and remember him well.
            Ray
            Ray! It's your FRIEND John Wilkinson! "Holy Cow"! We lost touch!

Remember your with me in Ne finals one year!!
            Last edited by GodOfBoxing; 05-06-2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I remember you John, how the hell are you? Are you still in Ct. and are you affiliated with boxing these days?
              I occasionally speak with J. Scully who is a member here also.
              John I'm just getting in from a short weekend of fishing so I'm off to get some rest but I will be back on come Monday some time.
              Nice to hear from you John hope your well and happy!
              Ray.

Comment

Ward was bigger and had heavier hands. That would be the difference. Would be a war while it lasted though.

Comment

Working...
                X