No announcement yet.

Pippen > Kobe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    what does Kobe do? He shoots the ball.... thats it. His defense is overrated.

while Pippen is the swiss army knife of nba players. He'll do whatever the team needs on any given night. 30pts, he'll do it. 12 asts, he'll do it. 12 rebs 5 stls and shut down the best player on the other team while only taking 8 shots cuz his teammates are on a hot streak, he'll do that too.

Kobe just scores no matter what. He's a point whore.
    You know when the entire point of the game is to outscore your opponent...being able to score points is kind of important.

Either way, comparing them prime for prime Kobe easily destroys Pippen. Pippen was a solid 18-6-5 player. Kobe is a 27-5-5 player with better scoring efficiency. It really isn't even close.

Comment

I think Bryant is the greatest offensive player in the history of the NBA next to Mike. That alone makes him > Pippen.

Just my opinion.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
        You know when the entire point of the game is to outscore your opponent...being able to score points is kind of important.

Either way, comparing them prime for prime Kobe easily destroys Pippen. Pippen was a solid 18-6-5 player. Kobe is a 27-5-5 player with better scoring efficiency. It really isn't even close.
        #1. Kobe scores points cuz he takes a **** load of shots. He takes 30 shots to get 30 pts.

#2. Pippen is a more efficient scorer. Prime Pippen was more of a 21-6-8 with .490 FG% on 15 shots a game. Prime Kobe is 27-5-5 with .450 FG% on 24 shots a game.

to say its not close is ridiculous.

Originally posted by RwK View Post
        I think Bryant is the greatest offensive player in the history of the NBA next to Mike. That alone makes him > Pippen.

Just my opinion.
        lol @ that statement.

Kobe is a SCORER. thats the only part of offense that he's good at. you can't compare him to offensive greats like Magic, Oscar, Lebron who are good scorers as well as facilitators.

if you want to talk about pure scoring. Then Wilt, Jordan and even Durant are better than him.

IMO Durant is the best overall scorer to ever play. He has more scoring tools than anyone who ever played the game.
        Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-20-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

#1. Kobe scores points cuz he takes a **** load of shots. He takes 30 shots to get 30 pts.

#2. Pippen is a more efficient scorer. Prime Pippen was more of a 21-6-8 with .490 FG% on 15 shots a game. Prime Kobe is 27-5-5 with .450 FG% on 24 shots a game.

to say its not close is ridiculous.
          1.Kobe is a shooting guard. His job is to take a lot of shots. That's what 2 Guards do.

2. It is ridiculous. Anyone who knows anything about basketball stats knows FG% doesn't mean ****. You want to know how efficient someone is you need to look at their TS%. Kobe being a superior 3pt shooter and FT shooter makes him a more efficient scorer despite having a lower FG%. Kobe blows Pippen out of the water.

And if we want to compare their primes we should atleast put up their real prime numbers. Look at both of them when they were 28. Kobe averaged 32-5-5 with a TS% of 58. Pippen averaged 21-8-5 with a TS% of 55.

You can just look at their PER in those years to know who was more efficient. Kobe had a PER of 26.1(3rd highest of his career) and Pippen had a PER of 23.2(highest of his career).

As for the bold, I don't know what you're talking about with those numbers. Evertime Kobe has averaged more than 23.5 shots per game he's averaged at least 30 PPG. You're just making stuff up now. He's averaged roughly 27-5-5 on about 3 occasions and those were all on 20,21, and 22 FGA per game.
          Last edited by Rocky Rode; 07-20-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

1.Kobe is a shooting guard. His job is to take a lot of shots. That's what 2 Guards do.

2. It is ridiculous. Anyone who knows anything about basketball stats knows FG% doesn't mean ****. You want to know how efficient someone is you need to look at their TS%. Kobe being a superior 3pt shooter and FT shooter makes him a more efficient scorer despite having a lower FG%. Kobe blows Pippen out of the water.

And if we want to compare their primes we should atleast put up their real prime numbers. Look at both of them when they were 28. Kobe averaged 32-5-5 with a TS% of 58. Pippen averaged 21-8-5 with a TS% of 55.

You can just look at their PER in those years to know who was more efficient. Kobe had a PER of 26.1(3rd highest of his career) and Pippen had a PER of 23.2(highest of his career).

As for the bold, I don't know what you're talking about with those numbers. Evertime Kobe has averaged more than 23.5 shots per game he's averaged at least 30 PPG. You're just making stuff up now. He's averaged roughly 27-5-5 on about 3 occasions and those were all on 20,21, and 22 FGA per game.
            btw, this convo is getting into comparing the best part(and only part) of Kobe's game which is scoring, to Pippen's scoring. Where as Pippen could score while playing shutdown defense and making his teammates better, Kobe only scores for the sake of scoring. I don't care how many rings Kobe has, he doesn't know how to win. He got lucky that he has a good GM who surrounded him with enough good players to make up for his lack of fundamentals to win.

Comment

btw, this convo is getting into comparing the best part(and only part) of Kobe's game which is scoring, to Pippen's scoring. Where as Pippen could score while playing shutdown defense and making his teammates better, Kobe only scores for the sake of scoring. I don't care how many rings Kobe has, he doesn't know how to win. He got lucky that he has a good GM who surrounded him with enough good players to make up for his lack of fundamentals to win.

wow...i didnt think it was possible for you to sound any focking dumber when talkin about basketball...

please follow another sport...a sport that you understand

'i dont care how many rings he has, he doesnt know how to win'

that is probably the most ******ed **** i've read from you...and i've read some pretty ******ed ****

'lucky he has a good GM'

yea, like Pippen didn't have some pretty good teams and what happened with those?

that's right...he never won ****...meanwhile, here's Kobe with 5 rings yet he 'doesnt know how to win'

you might watch some games but in reality, you dont even understad what you're watching

Comment

and you act like Kobe plays defense like Derek Fisher or something...since you're so high on stats, why dont you check how all defensive teams Kobe's been on

like i said, you dont like Kobe...we get it...but if you're gonna hate, at least do it right...choose Mike, Magic, hell even Bird to compare

not some overrated ass pelican that never won **** without Mike

Comment

No. I was talking about who's a more efficient player. Things like PER take every offensive stat+rebounds+steals/blocks into account. And guess what? Kobe is a more efficient player by far. You trying to point out FG% just tells me you don't know anything about NBA stats and how they work.

And LOL at saying Kobe doesn't know how to win. 5 rings with 2 as the number 1 option and 2 NBA finals MVP's. That's a winner if I've ever seen one. Not many players in the HISTORY of the league have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    and you act like Kobe plays defense like Derek Fisher or something...since you're so high on stats, why dont you check how all defensive teams Kobe's been on
                    like i said, you dont like Kobe...we get it...but if you're gonna hate, at least do it right...choose Mike, Magic, hell even Bird to compare

not some overrated ass pelican that never won **** without Mike
                    all defensive team is just a popularity contest. Kobe copied Jordan and he made a big hoopla over how he LOVES to play defense just like Jordan so through perception he was voted on that team.

btw, never said Kobe is a bad defender, he just isn't as good as ppl say he is. Average at best from what I've seen. Gets crossed and beat off the dribble on a regular basis.

No. I was talking about who's a more efficient player. Things like PER take every offensive stat+rebounds+steals/blocks into account. And guess what? Kobe is a more efficient player by far. You trying to point out FG% just tells me you don't know anything about NBA stats and how they work.

And LOL at saying Kobe doesn't know how to win. 5 rings with 2 as the number 1 option and 2 NBA finals MVP's. That's a winner if I've ever seen one. Not many players in the HISTORY of the league have done that.
                    I understand nba and its statistics very well thank you.

the only scoring stat that matters for me is POINTS PER SHOT. I don't even need to check it to know that Kobe doesn't have a high rating in that.... but you can probably do that for me.

Comment

The only thing they have in common is that they dont like dating black women

Pippens a nice little role player nothing more, Kobes an ATG

Comment

Working...
                      X