Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume: Lucian Bute or Andre Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You also have to look at the depth of Berto and Bute's division when comparing the better resume's.

For instance, when you have a division as deep as 168, there's no reason for Bute's schedule to look the way it does.

Whereas Berto did attempt to fight Mosley when Shane was coming off his victory over Margarito. I think Berto's last 6 opponents were ranked in the Top 10 also at the time of the fight. Berto is actually making an attempt to fight the better opposition. He called out Pacquiao, but was denied.

Whereas, I don't think Bute's making an attempt in that area. All of his fights have basically been "I know Bute's going to win" type of fights.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Close call. I'm sick of reading that Bute, didn't win against quality opponents nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        You also have to look at the depth of Berto and Bute's division when comparing the better resume's.

For instance, when you have a division as deep as 168, there's no reason for Bute's schedule to look the way it does.

Whereas Berto did attempt to fight Mosley when Shane was coming off his victory over Margarito. I think Berto's last 6 opponents were ranked in the Top 10 also at the time of the fight. Berto is actually making an attempt to fight the better opposition. He called out Pacquiao, but was denied.

Whereas, I don't think Bute's making an attempt in that area. All of his fights have basically been "I know Bute's going to win" type of fights.
        This is a good overlooked point

Comment

that's ******ed.. who the hell has bute fought?

oh yeah.. nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Well, no it doesn't.

I don't care what the ******ed judges say. Harold Johnson beat Pastrano. And it is a W on his resume.

So yes, technically, to you, Bute lost the first Andrade fight.

A W is not a W. The judges are not the be all and end all if it's CLEARLY a bull**** descision.
            Clearly U must be talking about the Bute fight right? Because Berto Collazo was indeed a very close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Clearly U must be talking about the Bute fight right? Because Berto Collazo was indeed a very close fight.
              No I'm talking about the Berto-Collazo.

But, that wasn't the point I was making. Just saying that the judges aren't the be all and end all.

I felt Collazo won so in my book the W goes to Collazo. In my book.

Comment

No I'm talking about the Berto-Collazo.

But, that wasn't the point I was making. Just saying that the judges aren't the be all and end all.

I felt Collazo won so in my book the W goes to Collazo. In my book.
                Silly me then. For some strange reason I thought that someone said that the fight couldn't go down as "W" on Berto's resume. Even though it is under the win colomn on his record. I thought that was strange too, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Silly me then. For some strange reason I thought that someone said that the fight couldn't go down as "W" on Berto's resume. Even though it is under the win colomn on his record. I thought that was strange too, my bad.
                  Do you think Berto won? If so, then for you he has the W.

Where are you lost?

I'm saying that the judges scores aren't always the be all and end all. If you feel that a fighter lost then for you they have the W.

On the 'W colum' Ramirez has a W over Whitaker, Willie Pastrano has a W over Harold Johnson and Whitaker and Chavez was a draw.

When in actual reality, Johnson beat Pastrano and Whitaker beat Ramirez and Chavez.

Not that I'm saying Berto-Collazo was as wide as those fights. It wasn't. But what I am saying is for ME, Collazo won the fight.

That's all.

Comment

Do you think Berto won? If so, then for you he has the W.

Where are you lost?

I'm saying that the judges scores aren't always the be all and end all. If you feel that a fighter lost then for you they have the W.

On the 'W colum' Ramirez has a W over Whitaker, Willie Pastrano has a W over Harold Johnson and Whitaker and Chavez was a draw.

When in actual reality, Johnson beat Pastrano and Whitaker beat Ramirez and Chavez.

Not that I'm saying Berto-Collazo was as wide as those fights. It wasn't. But what I am saying is for ME, Collazo won the fight.

That's all.
                    Yup, by that logic, I also feel that Bute lost the 1st fight with Andrade, further solidifying my opinion that Berto has the better resume. By your standards of course. That is all. Even if Collazo did beat Berto to boot.

Comment

Bute has wins over Berrio, Andradex2, and Bika.
                      Berto has a dubious win over Collazo, and a fight where personally I think headbutts changed the fight against Zavec.

Im going with Bute.
                      Yup, by that logic, I also feel that Bute lost the 1st fight with Andrade, further solidifying my opinion that Berto has the better resume. By your standards of course. That is all. Even if Collazo did beat Berto to boot.
                      How could you possibly have had Bute losing against Andrade? Even the knockdown in the final round didnt change the fight, since Bute got up before 10 and the fight was over.

Not to mention that Bute would have avenged that 'loss' in dominant knockout fashion anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X