Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokers:Are you going to quit if prices go up any higher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokers:Are you going to quit if prices go up any higher?

Some of my co workers were telling me that the price of cigs are drastically going up. I am a non smoker so it doesnt effect me but what about you guys? I heard that they are trying to pass laws or whatever atleast here to raise a pack of cigs to almost 8 bucks, 20 dollar bags where you roll your own cigs to almost 60 bucks. In good news I guess the Michigan gov. is trying to change when bars close from 2am to 4am. I think thats a good idea, works in Chicago and NYC plus it will make a ton more revenue.

they're $8 + a pack where i'm at ... been an on/off smoker for a long time the cost is a huge deterrent that and the stink is why i dont smoke ... i think they've tried to push back last call here too ... but it didnt pass i dont see why not ...

Comment

My dad was born in 1944 and he told me this one story....

He would smoke back in the day and only made a little bit of money....

Well one day he went to go buy a pack of cigs.... and it went up to about 22 or 23 cents.... He told his friend who was with him "When Cigs hit a quarter, I quit"....

Well needless to say he still smokes... but not that often.. he quit for 5 years and picked it back up.. Then quit for another 3 years and is back at it....

Comment

I've always said, boost the prices of cigarettes and less ppl will buy. Make them go up to 20 dollars a pack. I can't stand smokers.

Comment

The **** smoking does to your lungs should keep you from smoking. Its nasty.

Comment

It could go up to $5 bucks a cig and they won't stop smoking.

The damage caused by cigarettes is well known but that won't stop anyone from puffing away.

Bad enough they tax you on it to begin with.

Comment

Eh, I'll probably still smoke them. The first cigarette I have in the morning, and the one I have before bed, right after sex, are the two most enjoyable parts of my day.

Well, aside from the sex that is.

Comment

And to those who hate smokers : You're entitled to your own opinion, as we all are. But if it weren't for those of us who smoke and drink, you clean lifers would be paying a hell of a lot more money in taxes. And probably bitching about that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  And to those who hate smokers : You're entitled to your own opinion, as we all are. But if it weren't for those of us who smoke and drink, you clean lifers would be paying a hell of a lot more money in taxes. And probably bitching about that, too.

good point....a majority of the cigarette tax goes to public schools...provides books, computers, supplies....

i'm down to and maintaining my new years resolution of 9 per day and im thinkin for droppin it to 8 now instead of 2010 just because of the price hike

pack of mediums cost me $5.35 today

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    good point....a majority of the cigarette tax goes to public schools...provides books, computers, supplies....

i'm down to and maintaining my new years resolution of 9 per day and im thinkin for droppin it to 8 now instead of 2010 just because of the price hike

pack of mediums cost me $5.35 today
                    Man, I had a delivery out in Concord the other day. Muthaphuckas were charging over 6 dollars for a pack of Camel Wides. (And yes, I ended up buying a pack.)

Comment

Working...
                    X