No announcement yet.

Who avoided more thurman or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
    Really? You don't think if Floyd came calling that HBO would let GGG go for one fight to give him the *enormous* exposure (unparalleled in the sport today) that being a Floyd opponent provides?? Win or lose, HBO would end up with a more known & marketable name -- under a network contract -- after he fought Floyd than before.

It's irrelevant because Floyd will never fight him (not does he really have to -- I'm not hating) but I'm just saying, Quillin calling out GGG is *NOT* analogous to GGG calling out Floyd because at the end of the day, Floyd is the economic power broker in the sport and even if he had to pay off HBO a cool million or two to let GGG go for one fight, he could do so if he really wanted to. He can fight whomever he chooses.
    Interesting argument. I doubt HBO would do that. Why would they help Floyd and showtime make money? if GGG loses, his marketability isn't enhanced.

Floyd does have more options, agreed. I disagree about the calling out.

GGG and his Team knew what they were doing as did Quillin and his team. Same way GGG knows Floyd is the man, Quillin sees that HBO has heavily invested in GGG and he appears 3-4 times a year. People want to see both fights, albeit for different reasons.

Since we know the politics will not allow either fight to happen, its hard to differentiate between the actions.

Comment

Working...
    X