Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Groves: "I was so stressed after Carl Froch defeat, I'll still beat Degale"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    I just think that Groves had his "swan song" if you will, against DeGale. He'll never put forth that type of performance again against anyone, because he'll never have that type of physical conditioning or mental conditioning to pull that off. Despite that great performance of his, he BARELY got by DeGale who was clearly not at his best.

Think about that, his greatest performance ever IMO was barely enough to beat DeGale when he wasn't at his best.

The best version of DeGale is the one we're seeing right now and the current version of Groves has no chance at all against him.

If that fight gets made it'll be the final fight of Groves' career and I think Groves knows that as well. That's why he wants to make sure he gets paid well.
    Ok I strongly disagree that it was Groves at his best. He's looked a lot sharper and stronger in other fights. Also, why was Degale not at his best. He might be better now, but it was the best version of Degale at that point. Degale was the big favourite and on a KO streak leading up to the Groves fight.

Groves has also improved since that fight. The guy from Froch 1 fight would squash the Groves from the Degale fight like a grape underneath a boot.

It'll be interesting to see the rematch. Definitely wouldn't say Groves doesn't have a chance.

Comment

James degale says george groves is history

@3.22
      Last edited by 1hourRun; 10-08-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X