Collapse
No announcement yet.

An odd article about Al Haymon and Mexican fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the article said Sam Watson was celebrating with Fonfara after he made Jr. do a "NO MAS"...Fonfara is one of Uncle Al's nephews as well....Jr. AKED for Fonfara...can't take that article too serious...a lot of OPINIONS on those lines and not enough facts...sorry, we read similiar sh't like that EVERYDAY on here from dedicated posters...weak article imo

Comment

Was Junior the underdog in that fight? I don't believe so, in fact many saw it as a big upset. This guy obviously doesn't know much about business or the sport of boxing. Shouldn't be writing about the sport if you don't have any clue about it...

Comment

Yeah this is just stupid... Haymon has a ton of Mexicans in his roster.

This is as rediculous as those people that said Haymon is racist towards whites and refuses to sign any to his stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Damaged Petals View Post
          Yeah this is just stupid... Haymon has a ton of Mexicans in his roster.

This is as rediculous as those people that said Haymon is racist towards whites and refuses to sign any to his stable.
          The irony that they all suck.
          Doesn't seem to have any of the good ones. He just feeds crappy ones to his other fighters.

Comment

One thing i never liked was that Haymon had to branch off and isolate his fighters from all the other top 2 promoters.

Thats why this PBC wont do good, theres only a few top tier fighters in his stable, once they fight each other, pbc is over. WHo else are they going to bring in? guys with 5-0 7-0 16-0 records?

AL has to milk this bs until the end. Only guys that have been putting up a show are Thurman/Guerrero/ and maybe Garcia, but he needs to step it up.

Comment

I think I figured out who wrote the article

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Meanwhile Al Haymons looking for a list of former Mexican fringe contender turned gardener to add to his list for his young black fighters to beat on...
              Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Garcia seen that Haymon $ & immediately jumped ship. He will see soon enough like all these other Mexican/Chicano boxers, Haymon may take care of your bank account but he isn't looking out for your career, he has his favorites & they aren't brown. Mikey will be another stepping stool, outmatched & fooled by the delusion of $.
              Last edited by HanzGruber; 07-11-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                He's been typing that kind of garbage for a while.

He used Haymon's signing of Vazquez as an example of him only getting signed to get robbed by Mickey Bey, which actually did happen depending on who you ask. But the guy didn't realize Mickey Bey wasn't even signed by or managed by Haymon. So in reality, the Haymon guy actually LOST, but he failed to mention it.

Aside from that instance, I can't think of many where a struggling/gatekeeper status Mexican was used to feed one of Haymon's "black" fighters aside from maybe Lopez vs Berto? But they're both garbage so...

Obviously prospects don't count....of course they're gonna match prospects with crappy veteran Mexicans so they can learn to move around better and deal with brawlers.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Caught red handed.

LOL. He was trying to hate on Haymon. He is trying too hard.

Comment

Working...
                  X