• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TGD View Post
    Stop! Plumber time.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

I don't really rate Booth as much of a trainer for fighters going to him, I think he did well with Haye & Groves but won't have enough time with Price. What Price needs is a fundamentally sound, defensively astute trainer that will instil some discipline in him.

If anything, Booth is the opposite of that...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        I don't really rate Booth as much of a trainer for fighters going to him, I think he did well with Haye & Groves but won't have enough time with Price. What Price needs is a fundamentally sound, defensively astute trainer that will instil some discipline in him.

If anything, Booth is the opposite of that...
        I don't think we can really judge Booth yet in that department. So far he's taken Groves a pretty long way and turned him around from being a fiery amateur style boxer to being a sound professional and led him to a world title and given him some identity in terms of style.

It's obvious he won't have the time to implement those sort of changes to Price, but hopefully he can work on his footwork and maybe improve his defense. I think it's a better choice than Gallagher and Lewis. Would have taken McCracken over Booth, but McCracken is obviously a very busy man.

Comment

Groves is far from being sound defensively...

He just has a great offence to make up for it, where as Price is going to need all his work in that area. I'm starting to think all the British trainers bar McCracken are as bad as each other.

Comment

I think he should have stayed with his original trainer, price tried to be like lennox lewis when he needs to be himself, he's a laid back person he shouldnt be trying to be someone that he's not.

Comment

and he needs to sort his endurance out and bulk up a bit, he shouldnt have been geting pushed back by 45 yo thompson who eats fried chicken every day. The problem price has is technically he's too hunched over and cant move around, he's stuck to the canvass and thompson was out manouvering him.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Groves is far from being sound defensively...

He just has a great offence to make up for it, where as Price is going to need all his work in that area. I'm starting to think all the British trainers bar McCracken are as bad as each other.

I didn't say he was sound defensively? I said he was a sound professional. I think Price needs quality work in all departments.

I think there are a few decent trainers in Britain. Jim McDonnell, McCracken, Booth, Sims, Gallagher.

But I think Booth and McCracken are a cut above the rest.

Actually, I'd probably rank the Ingles the highest.

Comment

'Sound professional' to me means that he has all the basic areas covered adequately. I'm not being pedantic, I just think he comes unstuck at a higher level.

Ingles are good but again, they teach one style and it's not exactly a very forgiving one. I don't rate Gallagher at all.

Comment

Price vs Chisora, with British, EBU & Commonwealth titles on the line is the natural way forward!!

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
                      Honestly Price cannot be helped he is not made for boxing.

His head is too small.

Fighters with small heads have no chin, i.e Mares, Khan, Wilder.

Khan has the speed to make up for it but Price is done.

As things stand an Audley Harrison jab would KO Price.

Larry Holmes, "Peanut", as Ali called him, had the smallest head you've ever seen on a heavyweight and a chin like granite, so forget about that crap.
                      And Price took punch after punch from Tony T at the end of their second fight without going down. He was out on his feet and exhausted, but he stayed upright, so I don't think his chin can be as bad as all that.
                      Going with Booth is a good move for him. Booth is a very astute and thoughtful guy. He will view Price's deficiencies as a problem to be solved with big paydays as the prize for getting it right, and calmly, and methodically, set about doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X